• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Depressed as i do my dettox but theres other problems

jayjaysleepyhead

Bluelighter
Hi guys im really disturbed at the mo, im coming very slowly off diazepam was on 20mg now on 14mg also been on methadone maintenance of 40mls for 3 years. So im not completely blaming my meds for the way i am at the moment eves since xmas eve 2016 i just have stayed in even offers of money dönt motivate me (loan) im always putting off everything i can just about get the motivation to cook one meal a day ,i dönt exercise unless its walking to bus stop to go to my pharmacy for my daily pick ups which is such a pain i go at 4pm every day apart from sat,sun also must mention i go to bed 2am get up 4pm next day i sleep i think from 7am to 12 then 2 to 4 so weird but im in bed thinking and fantasing just to try to nod off. Wow writing this is depressing too . So i ask any bluelighters are u suffering to with similar problems. I cant even pluck up the courage to get help as im so used to getting negative answers from drs and shrinks im called a seeker what bullcrap so ive given up with so called proffesionals too.

Hey man, sorry to hear you're going through such deep depression. I'm somewhat in the same boat, however I'm just starting to climb out of my hole after 2 months or so. Some days I have to fight really hard to not fall back into that deep depressive state.
A lot of external factors are inhibiting me from recovering faster. I'm stuck with my mother in condo in florida (from ny), no money, no job, just found out my fiance didn't wait for me to straighten out with drugs (which i have alreadt done) like she said she would, and ended sleeping with some fuckhead.

I'm telling you, the only thing I have at this point is working out. It's a natural high and at this point, is the only thing I can bring myself to do aside from bluelight lol. I suggest giving it a shot dude. Will boost confidence, dopamine, and make you feel like you accomplished something.

And yea a lot of this pyschs are complete shit. Do not listen, aren't sympathetic and actually tell you what to do (which is against the entire psych philosophy). Doctors can be real cock suckers. Makes me sick how they already have their minds made up when they walk through the doors.

How long have you been tapering?? Are you only tapering the diazepam?

Sleepyhead : there are probably very few people ( I don't know of anyone) who never feel like you're feeling right now. It's a sad part of the human experience.. it hurts, it's lonely, it makes you feel tired & hopeless. Few are exempt from these sad feelings at some time or another because they can happen for a lot of different reasons. The effects of drug dependence/addiction/withdrawal, having your heart broken by a failed relationship, the death of someone you love, the loss of a job, a debilitating illness, the list goes on and on. I've had my share of times like these ( I'm sure that at 60 yrs old I'm much older than you are :) ) This is what my struggles in life have taught me about finding a way to be happy:

Time is the best healer of pain & heartache

Acknowledge that the ability to overcome difficulties in life is mostly under YOUR control & very few of us don't have what it takes to overcome life's obstacles - some things don't change because it's easier for us not to try

Embrace & be grateful for all the things you are blessed with, no matter how small & insignificant they may seem to you. You can see, you can hear, you can walk, talk, eat, go to the bathroom without assistance, your mind is sharp. Like a friend of mine used to say, "You could be going through the same sh*t in life and have a gimpy leg on top of that!"

WITHOUT A DOUBT, THE ABSOLUTE BEST (and sometimes the toughest) WAY to invite healing to your mind and body is through exercise, exercise, and more exercise!! When I die & go to heaven the good Lord is gonna say, "BambooHut, you were sooo right about that exercise thing! It is one of the tools I gave my flock that only a few used and it was right there within their grasp."

And MOST importantly: "Do all the good you can. By all the means you can. In all the ways you can. In all the places you can. At all the times you can. To all the people you can. As long as ever you can." John Wesley said this. The kindness you show to others will come back to you many times over - I promise.

Give these things a try, Sleepyhead. You won't regret it.

TripMcnealy: Keep on doing what you're doing. I'm rooting for you too. About your fiancé, none of my business of course, but have you considered giving her a chance to make it up to you?

We all make mistakes and (assuming she's in NY) long distance relationships are tough. If she asks for forgiveness and wants to work things out, consider the possibility. True confession time...Many years ago I cheated on my first husband. To this day I can't believe I would stoop so low but I did. I regretted it (still do) and begged him on my knees to forgive me. I waited a long time and did everything I could to show him that I loved him, that I wanted to keep our family together (we have 2 kids), that I would never hurt him again ... but he refused to try.

Today i'm married to the love of my life, who knew all about my past but looked past my faults and loved me anyway. We've been together for 23 years. I've never cheated on him - I learned my lesson the first time. My ex has been married 3x's, not counting me, and although i wish him the best, I doubt he's very happy with his latest wife. My kids are grown, doing well and love & respect their step dad who helped me raise them. Just goes to show, "One man's trash is another man's treasure."

Your girl could be your treasure if you give her a chance.

Thanx for your wisdom

Thanx maam for ur kind words and i pray that this will all stop. I have explained my exercise problem on a different post . But there are so many other types of exercise ,im sure i wont be like this forever its a massive combo of things catching up with me. And its no wonder im like this it will pass i love to write dont do enough of it , as when i write it feels like someone is there in a strange but nice way lol sleepy

Thanks BambooHut. I had been messed up for a while. Mixture of widespread chronic pain for 15 years, depression, anxiety, and addiction. We lived together and it was good for a while. Got pretty rough at times, especially last 6 months. But we still had laughs and took care of each other. I did a lot of horrible things. Nothing directly to her, but it had to be really hard for her to be around me at times. I just feel she kind of bailed on me. Last 3 months living together she had a place set up to move to and that fucked me up.
It's one thing if we weren't in love anymore but we were. It all came to a head... really ugly. Not much fighting, just me in a very dark place. Then I detoxed at my parents house for 10 days, spent one night with her and she was very happy to see me getting back to my normal self. Next day I came to florida to get healthy and just get away from everything for a bit. That was like 40 days ago.
I asked her just to tell me if she slept with anyone so i didnt have to find out from somebody. She promised but said she wouldnt, and told me to just take care of myself and we'll start again.
I calmly asked her about it, and she was extremely nasty and mean. Basically gave a whole new version of the "plan" we had. Didnt want to talk to me so I said I'd leave her alone.
If she was honest and actually sorry I'd probably give it another chance, but I don't see that happening. To be that mean to someone in my position is pretty shitty, especially when I was being calm about it.

Anyway sorry for jacking the thread... just really fucking hurt by this. It's like the life got sucked out of me when I heard. It's just one kick in the dick after the next, but I'm not going to let this screw my recovery. I've come to far.
Sorry and THANK YOU! haha