• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Depakote ( mood stabiliser) with Methylphenidate high?

davea1980

Greenlighter
in the morning (11:00) i took 500mg Depakote ( slow release ) for my epilepsy.
But tonight ( 20:00 ) i took 30mg Methylphenidate ( recreational ), normally i experience a nice rush, but now i didnt. Is this because of the Depakote/Valproic acid? And will this medicine, reduce the euphoria from Methylphenidate extremely?

Hey Dave and welcome to Bluelight! Just for future reference, we try to discourage threads that don't amount to any more than "What will get me high(est) - what is the most fun - what is a good combination?" etc. It's not a huge deal and you're not in any trouble, but we like to keep the content as closely alligned to the concept of Harm Reduction as we can. We will always try to tell you what is or is not safe, but deciding upon what you like best is going to be totally subjective and will vary greatly from individual to individual.

That's just something to consider before making new threads, not a big deal. As far as taking something like Depakote with other drugs, I would be more surprised if you did not notice a diminished effect in one way or another. It's to be expected.

So depakote will block its effect then? i thought it was tolerance.
I took it during lunch. 12:00 . But it is slow release.

This caused the mild and short effect?

I'm not saying definitively that it did because that would be pretty much impossible, but I can say that a variety of drugs, especially something like Depakote can have an impact on the perceived effects.

ok, thank you
does this also count for multi vitamines? Is it correct that Vitamine C, will make it harder to uptake
the Methylphenidate? How long will this vitamine stay in your stomach? it was a pill, desolved in water, contains 80mg
of vit C. I took it around 13:00.

^ do you mean system or stomach? cause regardless of where the pill is the vitamins will have been absorbed/