• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Denver cracks down on open use of Cannabis

Ody

Bluelighter
Rocky mountain high no more? Denver's city government is putting forward an ordinance allowing law enforcement in the local city to incarcerate an individual for Cannabis odors up to a year!

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_24284316/denver-floats-new-rules-that-could-make-even?source=googlenews&google_editors_picks=true

The ordinance, being introduced at a committee meeting Monday in advance of the legalization of retail pot sales in January, would specifically ban marijuana from parks and the 16th Street Mall. It also would prohibit smoking on private property if it is visible to the public, such as on a front porch or in a car, or if the odor of pot could be detected from a neighboring property.

The good DEMOCRATIC LIBERAL (read authoritarian scum) "Your activities should not pervade others' peace and ability to enjoy," said Denver Mayor Michael Hancock. "Marijuana is one of those elements that can be quite pervasive and invasive. I shouldn't have to smell your activities from your backyard."

>___>

So could this be extended to include people who douse themselves with absurd amounts of cologne?

I can sit on my front porch and smoke a cigar. My neighbours cook god knows what over there, smells like a Bombay market. Weed smells nice, you can make it into incense.

thousands of big trucks and buses can churn out toxic diesel smog all day but a small pipe full of flowers is going to ruin life quality for people ?

Someone is trying to abuse the law to prosecute people they don't like. We will be sure to remember and point the corrupt legal thugs when election time comes around.

i say let people smoke and crack down on all the advertising that pollutes the world.. i shouldn't have to look at pictures of your products all damn day long. In reality though I just think live and let live... tolerance is the way to go, if we all could just find more tolerance.

cigarettes are a much worse offender. anyone who gets bothered enough by the smell of pot to report it is a douche

You know what? I am fucking sick of smelling you fuckers every time you decide to use your barbecue, letting your SMOKE waft into my property, hindering my ability to properly enjoy my barbecue-free lifestyle. I think it is reasonable for me to expect total isolation from all you bastards in society even if we sleep within twenty feet of each other.

How dare you fuckers go for a jog?!
Afterwards, the smell of your putrid sweat wafts into my personal space.
Let's make sweating illegal!

Children and old people often smell lets ad them to the list of shit that has to go.. make the kidos and fogies illegal. cause why should i put up with that in my "PERSONAL SPACE"

"HEY PIG, OINK OINK"

"... IS THAT MARIJUANA I SMELL? STEP OUT OF THE CAR YOU TERRORIST FUCK! NOWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

There literally goes all civil liberties, the police could seriously abuse that power left right and center, if someones had a hard day at work and gets pulled over and pisses off the cop and his partner, "smell marijuana" and the guy could have bloodshot eyes if its late and boom there goes your life in jail for a year getting bumcuddles from some massive steroid abuser called bubbles then your life is over just forget about it.

Clearly some fucking senator got pissed off because the 16 year old next door who always has his friends over having a session in the backyard smoking cones blowing the smoke all over the senator's fence while he's trying to get away from his daughter who's hanging out with some heroin junkie and the son again with all his stupid little friends especially the one with the fucking light blue Daewoo who's petrol tank disintegrated on his new driveway and he could swear on his mothers grave that his wife was banging those labourers he came home early he fucking knew what was going on..... water on his clothes my ass...

Ladies and gentlemen, the real story. ;)

Last edited: