• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Treatment Dentist or rehabilitation. Which first?

KiplerCraft

Greenlighter
Hello I smoke meth and before that smoked weed. I’ve been using weed for about 4 years. Meth about 4 months. I’ve never taken good care of my teeth (I only brushed my teeth once per day or if I was going out of the house, and I never floss. My mouth has a few stage multiple cavities and maybe a lesion or 2. I’m noticing my teeth are slightly more sensitive than usual. About 2 months ago I started taking oral hygiene seriously. I brush twice per day but still do not floss. I also own biotene and use it after smoking. Sometimes I brush 3 times per day.

Anyways, I have a dentist appointment in 10 days however I also need help quitting. So my current plan is to wait 11 days until checking into rehab. But im wondering is this too long of a wait? Will smoking less than a gram (600-900mg) over the course of 10 days ruin my teeth? Or am I tripping? If I go to rehab first, I’m also worried that the cavities or whatever else is wrong will have more time to spread and fuck up my mouth. I would like advice on which is more important or which I should go to first. Thanks

it won't make it better. if you have an opportunity to get it taken care of before the rehab, i would take it.
the teeth are a pretty direct portal to your blood supply, and an infection from the teeth can go systemic. take care of oral health, it's important for overall health.

Yea I would definitely do the dentist first. Another 10 days doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of things and getting that handled before rehab will make recovery much easier. One less thing to worry about and your teeth might actually bother you more once sobering up if you don't get them fixed first

Dentist first also would be my suggestion yet haven't seen one in quite some time, myself.
Work on it as a project if wanting to detox. What I mean is have a plan or two in place and be rigid with yourself. Not overwhelming so, but hard.
Best to you and yours,
J