• NMI Moderators: Snafu in the Void

Live Long and Prosper 🖖 Denisovan here--I'm back!

Denisovan

Bluelighter
Hello everyone! I have been a user/lurker of Bluelight since probably about 2010. I've had a few usernames on here over the years and I don't remember any of them. I don't think I've had a real account on here since at least 2015 or so. After becoming frustrated with the way modern social media operates, and after getting downvoted repeatedly on reddit for daring to utter the phrase 'polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons' and 'cannabis' in the same sentence, I decided it was time to sign up for a real e-community, and what better place than Bluelight?

Some fun facts about me:

I have been clean from opiates since 2017, and clean from kratom since 2019.

I work as a cannabis writer, mostly in the altnoid industry.

My username is based on a race of extinct humans, called the Denisovans, who lived all across modern day Eurasia just 50,000 years ago, and are believed to be the first humans to create art.

I just ate an orange but it was not a good orange. Maybe 6/10. Very watery and almost artificially sweet without being citrusy? Do you guys get oranges like those?

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠙⠛⠲⠦⠤⣄⣀⠀⢀⣀⣀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣠⣀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⠿⠟⠀⢤⠀⣠⣤⣄⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣾⣿⣿⡆⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⡖⠀⠀⠀⠀⠙⠿⠿⠓⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢿⣿⣿⠃⠀⠀⠀⠀⣿⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣠⣤⣤⣤⣄⡉⠁⣠⡄⢀⣀⣼⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⣰⣿⣿⠟⣿⣿⡿⠁⣴⣿⠁⡸⠿⠿⠇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⢰⡿⠋⠀⢰⠿⠋⡀⢈⣿⠃⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⣿⡇⠀⠀⠠⠴⣾⣿⣿⣯⣀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠉⠁⠀⠀⢀⣀⣼⣿⡿⠿⠿⠋⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠛⣿⠿⣄⠀⢠⣾⣦⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣿⠀⠁⠀⠁⠀⠀⠉⢿⣿⡆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⢀⣤⣤⣤⣤⣾⡿⠃⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⣿⣧⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢿⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

⠀⠀
I look forward to procrastinating with you all :)

It's a cool name. I was reading about the Clovis people earlier. That kind of stuff is interesting, especially now that we are better at tracing genetics of ancient races, civilizations, and cultures, so we're learning a lot more about the specific migrations thousands of years ago

It's a cool name. I was reading about the Clovis people earlier. That stuff is interesting, especially now that we are better at tracing genetics of ancient races, civilizations, and cultures, so we're learning a lot more about the specific migrations thousands of years ago
Clovis people were dope. The mammoth bone structures, the huuuuuuge rock fences to guide prey animals to ideal hunting grounds, their high-tech spears for the time, really cool stuff.

Welcome back!

The Denisovans are cool and mapping their migration is interesting, as they appear in the DNA of some modern humans (for example, Melanesians)…it’s cool how they discovered and sequenced Denisovan DNA

My favorite archaic human from pre-history will always be Heidelberg man though, forefather to both modern humans and the Neanderthals. Whenever archeologists talk about Heidelberg man they’re all like, damn son, Heidelberg man was buff! lol

It's really crazy to think about multiple species of human living on the same rock. I probably think about it too much. With all the interbreeding that went on, I think it's almost definite that some tribes shared things like language, culture, religion, etc, and it blows my mind to think about.

I don't know if you folks are into videogames, but the game Far Cry Primal takes place when the Cro-Magnons were around and it is really cool to see. They even have a made up language, worked backwards from what we know about the earliest Indo-European languages.

It's fascinating to think about, but it makes me sad at the same time, because so much of our history is simply lost to time.