• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Demon Doctor

Mil ink

Greenlighter
Hello, I'll make this fast, I'm almost sixty years old, I have a bulging disc,gout,arthritis, hepatitis C along with various other problems, almost twenty years ago I was in so much pain I nearly drank myself to death, I was saved by my doctor at the time who has since retired, I was put on Methadone an Hydrocodone, I have been on the same medication an dose for seventeen years, last year I changed insurances an could no longer see him, an that's when the hell began. The doctor ALWAYS has a giant bottle of OxyContin in her robe pocket, I guess she prescribed it to herself, she has always been a bitch, there was one other Doctor an I got to see him once, he actually upped both of my medications to 6 a day after seeing my X-rays. Next month, bitch is back, she cuts me down back to 180, ok, that's fine, it's close to the same amount an it's the same dosage, Last month I became the guardian of two special needs nine year olds along with my twenty year old son when we were needed while also seeing my mother every other day to visit my mom in the old folks home. I tell her this an was asking if she could put me back on how I had been, and what does she do? CUTS ME DOWN ANOTHER SIXTY OF THEM!She is trying to kill me, I told her I'm finding another doctor an she just looked at me an said "Do it"
I'm gonna see if my old doctor can see me with my new insurance but what the hell was wrong with this woman, as mean as she is I wouldn't be suprised if she will try to do something to stop me, can she? Model patient who actually needs her medication an has NEVER had a problem ,I should of known when she wrote on my prescription they had to last 32 days, the pharmacist called her an she just lied an said it was a mistake, I live in Texas

Maybe your old doc will see you off insurance for a rate you can afford. Id scrape together whatever I could to avoid pain.

What meds did she cut, the methadone or hydrocodone? Many doctors are cutting back on prescribing pain meds due to pressure from new CDC guidelines. Can you ask to see the other doctor in that practice or is that not possible? If she told you "do it" then I would try and switch. She can't stop you and it seems like the two of you don't like each other much. Wish you luck and welcome to Bluelight!

I have 120 still, 6 to 4 but it could be none, I just have never encountered someone so mean like these things had no point

Both of them, an I will find another pain management, even if it was possible I am gonna stay far away from her. I can understand the pressure an guidelines, but shouldn't that only effect the people who don't need them to live? Honestly if she didn't cut 80 off an waiting for me to fill it to notice I would understand but that girl was just MEAN
And thank you!

There is no excuse for her being mean, on that you are right. Unfortuantely, when guidelines like this CDC bullshit are put into place, prescribers who stray too far from them can have their reimbursement cut or be excluded completely from certain insurances. Im not sure if that is actually the case to be honest here but Im certain it has crossed the doctors mind. Also Im sure the DEA will be taking note as well.

Grr

There is no excuse for her being mean, on that you are right. Unfortuantely, when guidelines like this CDC bullshit are put into place, prescribers who stray too far from them can have their reimbursement cut or be excluded completely from certain insurances. Im not sure if that is actually the case to be honest here but Im certain it has crossed the doctors mind. Also Im sure the DEA will be taking note as well.

What if they can clearly see if there's anyone that should be on there dosage it's people like me an the my new doctor knows it?
Also I called yesterday an told them I would be finding a new doctor, she asked why an I said if I stayed there I would of been either crippled or dead, I just got a call an some girl said that the doctor said they can't let people talk to them that way an I had to find another doctor, what?! I even told her that I already said I was leaving an luckily the girl who answers the phone was right there an she even said yea they did an they don't know why the doctor told them to tell them that, can she try an screw me over? For no legal reasons due to me being the perfect patient but that I hurt her feelings or something? I'm telling you that doctor is physco an now the girl that answers phones even said sorry me having to deal with her

I am a single mother with two special needs kids along with two teenagers I all look after by myself, give me my damn pills so I can care for my family without being bed ridden, I've never been in trouble, never sold any, never have
I even gotten a ticket in my whole life, an my x-rays are as bad as can get without being paralyzed, it has worked for me for almost two decades, with barely any increases of dosage