• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

delta 8 d8 distillate and eating it.

MrCream

Bluelighter
Hello,

I ordered an oz of d8 distillate is it okay to eat it raw or do I need to do anything to it? also I have been getting gummies that are suppose to be 7000mg how are they fitting that much distillate in 15 small gummies? thx

You can eat it raw but it won't be as effective, when I was eating a bunch of d8 I would usually just melt it in a little butter and put it on bread or throw it in a cup of coffee. D8 butter in coffee was probably my favorite method tbh

The gummy measurement might be 7g in the whole container, one company sent me a bottle of gummies for free and I initially thought they were 800mg gummies, turns out that was just the amount of total cannabinoids in the whole container

D8 in butter works great.

What I also like to do is get high proof alcohol and mix in the oz. I use a candle warmer and mix every few minutes for about 30 minutes to get it all emulsified.

It does tend to settle but I just shake it up before dosing.

Butter and alcohol are great choices though. You can't go wrong. Butter has those long chain saturated fats that'll bind nicely to the d8 and make it more bioavailable. MCT oil works too but animal fats are best.

Alcohol is nice cause it absorbs very quickly and kicks hard.

I don't recommend eating it straight because it will give you stomach issues eventually. Like eating airplane glue.

I'd recommend for you to melt the distillate, mix it with butter and use that to make baked goods.

Or you can just melt it down mix it with a gummy mix and pour it into molds.

A standard dose of D8 is considered to be around 25mg. Fitting 7000mg into 15 gummies would mean each gummy containing nearly 470mg - an extremely high dose.