• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Harm Reduction delsym plus SSRI??

mexhanger

Greenlighter
on 100mg of sertraline and 150mg of welbutrin xl, what happens if i trip? i know i can't take molly but i want to drop acid and/or trip on delsym. what's safe?

Idk anything about acid

But both zoloft and especially wellbutrin inhibit a enzyme p450 cyp2d6 . Which metabolizes dxm. So for the love of god do not take mix with dxm esp delsym atless you want to be in a stupor and unable to walk correctly for days.

Also zoloft and dxm could cause seritonin syndrome.

Considering the meds you are on, it is not safe at all to trip on dxm. Serotonin syndrome is a possibility which can be very dangerous (life threatening). Please do not take DXM or MDMA.

I believe you can trip on stuff like LSD or mushrooms safely however for some people being on SSRI like sertraline may dull the effects of LSD considerably. For example, some people report they trip fine while on antidepressants, some report they get weaker effects, some report they don't feel anything at all.

on 100mg of sertraline and 150mg of welbutrin xl, what happens if i trip? i know i can't take molly but i want to drop acid and/or trip on delsym. what's safe?

The advice is to NOT take them together but I am on Sertraline too (also 150mg/day) and have done DXM many times (250-400mg range) many times and never had any problems.