• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Delayed rebound with phenibut

emr123

Bluelighter
Anytime I take phenibut I get rebound insomnia and depression five days after dosing.

My typical dose is 1500 mg once a month. However, I recently took that dose three times approximately every eight days over the course of 24 days.

After the last dose I got hit with horrific insomnia exactly five days after the last dose and has continued since even seven days out from the last dose.

I do not consume alcohol or any other drugs.

Does anybody else get these delayed rebound symptoms?

5 days is when I'd expect to have peak withdrawals from something with such a long half life. I wouldn't consider that to be delayed rebound necessarily.

Could also not be correlated at all. Psychogenic/psychosomatic symptoms of rebound or withdrawal are very strong with GABAergic drugs.

Last edited:
Seven hours is the reported half life. But it has to be longer than that because I swear it keeps my mood and sleep solid for a good three-four days

Seven hours is the reported half life. But it has to be longer than that because I swear it keeps my mood and sleep solid for a good three-four days
It's because it has poor absorption and continually circulates in the body for awhile. The acute effects last 36+ hours for me, after effects could easily last for several days.

It's because it has poor absorption and continually circulates in the body for awhile. The acute effects last 36+ hours for me, after effects could easily last for several days.
I see. So I jammed myself up by taking it in the manner I recently did. If I dosed 1500 mg every eight days then I probably reintroduced the compound just as soon as my body was rid of it and trying to initiate baseline homeostasis.

I have some prescribed Trazadone at home that I barely ever use. Do you think that could help the insomnia and what dose if any?
I’m 5’8” 195 pounds. Athletic male

I have some prescribed Trazadone at home that I barely ever use. Do you think that could help the insomnia and what dose if any?
I’m 5’8” 195 pounds. Athletic male
It couldn't hurt. Trazodone always made me feel very drowsy but didn't seem to actually improve sleep for me.

Agreed. Certainly 24-48hrs. I was taking closer to 3-4g doses on Saturdays though. Certainly did help with Sunday/Monday scaries.

Your post is really useful because I think I will have to re-examine my use of this substance. It certainly gives me some stuff to think about.

I hope your insomnia has now resolved.

It couldn't hurt. Trazodone always made me feel very drowsy but didn't seem to actually improve sleep for me.
Same here. Just makes me drowsy. Didn’t notice much else.

What about supplements like valerian root, ashwaghanda, theanine, gaba? Or would these natural gabaergics just prolong this horror?

4 g phenibut seems like an astounding amount. That dose would have to last a week+ if you respond to the drug like I do.

How often do you take that dose?

At one point I was taking 3g once a week. I've not touched it for a few weeks and probably won't again for quite some time now.

I'm not sure it does affect me like it does you though?

I've gradually increased my dose over a number of years. I started out 1-1.5g

4g doesn't make me particularly intoxicated just positive with a slight hypomania.

Valerian root is sort of hit or miss depending on quality of product. High doses of fresh root definitely effects for me, but also a lot of side effects.

Ashwagandha produces relaxation and sedation, but in my experience is not good for insomnia because the doses required for a noticeable effect also keep me awake.

Theanine doesn't help sleep, only promotes relaxation by alpha brain waves.

Gaba by itself does almost nothing. It does not cross the blood brain barrier.

Although there was one study that showed gaba and theanine combined did help sleep, after several weeks of use, it's not instant.

You can try them but just keep your expectations low.