• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Degraded MXE?

palmanita

Bluelighter
How stable is MXE supposed to be at room temperature, in powdered form and “as usual“ just in a baggie?

Already suspected earlier when I re-found a lost bag of the very first publically sold batch that rested for around two years in my cellar that it was less potent but attributed to tolerance.

Now I acquired finally some “pre ban“ stuff again that is as legit as I can tell, and I know almost all of the dissociatives, but it is maybe 25% active of what it should be. Almost equipotent to good K. Can't be tolerance because this would affect K too and leave me with the non NMDA effects..

So either it is heavily (and “well done“ for once) cut, or powdered MXE - with much more contact to air - does indeed degrade rather fast.

Is this possible, and what might the degradation products be?

Drug check here only does or gives out rough analysis w/o naming inactive compounds and seemingly many lack a standard for MXE too for quantitative analysis (or is this vendor BS)? I'm a bit hesitant to send a banned substance out.

Thanks.

How stable is MXE supposed to be at room temperature, in powdered form and “as usual“ just in a baggie?

Already suspected earlier when I re-found a lost bag of the very first publically sold batch that rested for around two years in my cellar that it was less potent but attributed to tolerance.

Now I acquired finally some “pre ban“ stuff again that is as legit as I can tell, and I know almost all of the dissociatives, but it is maybe 25% active of what it should be. Almost equipotent to good K. Can't be tolerance because this would affect K too and leave me with the non NMDA effects..

So either it is heavily (and “well done“ for once) cut, or powdered MXE - with much more contact to air - does indeed degrade rather fast.

Is this possible, and what might the degradation products be?

Drug check here only does or gives out rough analysis w/o naming inactive compounds and seemingly many lack a standard for MXE too for quantitative analysis (or is this vendor BS)? I'm a bit hesitant to send a banned substance out.

Thanks.

It should be stable as a solid, I can't see functional groups in the molecule that might be prone to degradation. If kept in a solution, there might be the possibility for the compound to dimerise, but this is obviously not the case here.

Sounds cut. But remember we can't tell you what's in your drugs. If stored in a cool dry place it should be fine for a long time.

Edit: and kept out of the sun. Maybe try doing some kind of purification ala acetone wash on amphetamines, or and A/B to isolate just methoxetamine . Weigh it before and after you recrystallize it. And you should know if it's cut or if it did degrade or if maybe your tolerance or memory of things has changed? It could be many things and I won't speculate but make sure to be safe and don't assume anything.

mxe is very stable (OK in boiling water), there is no way it would degrade in a baggy under normal conditions

my money is on tolerance... would explain why when mxe was first released there were all these glowing responses and then it fell off as people abused the shit out of it.

Ok, it was tolerance.

BUT, and this is really interesting, the MXE itself turned my tolerance down again now, strongly. My first doses three weeks or so ago were above any sane level to feel anything. Built up to over 100mg's with no real dissociation, from calculating what I've used I must have been on 250mg per day. I don't use it for tripping but to kill emotions, as sort of antidepressant "medication". (Please no comments about the why, this isn't the place for.)

After some days I thought to have noticed "something". Like a brief return of that initial magic but wasn't relieable so didn't put anything on it.

Now I'm sure. Down again to maybe 20mg's per dose, today this even dissociated me again a bit. Decent serotonergic-opioid warmth. And one beer made me feel drunk now. How long has it been that I felt something from alcohol besides plain tiredness after 1.5L of wine or so, made alcohol straight useless.

How is this possible, when I've been using ketamine, O-PCE the same for prolonged time now and only effect was tolerance going up and effects abolishing?

Ok, it was tolerance.

BUT, and this is really interesting, the MXE itself turned my tolerance down again now, strongly. My first doses three weeks or so ago were above any sane level to feel anything. Built up to over 100mg's with no real dissociation, from calculating what I've used I must have been on 250mg per day. I don't use it for tripping but to kill emotions, as sort of antidepressant "medication". (Please no comments about the why, this isn't the place for.)

After some days I thought to have noticed "something". Like a brief return of that initial magic but wasn't relieable so didn't put anything on it.

Now I'm sure. Down again to maybe 20mg's per dose, today this even dissociated me again a bit. And one beer made me feel drunk now. How long has it been that I felt something from alcohol besides plain tiredness after 1L of beer or so, made alcohol straight useless.

How is this possible, when I've been using ketamine, O-PCE the same for prolonged time now and only effect was tolerance going up and effects abolishing?

As I can say for sure, while the molecules are nearly the same just without the methoxy, O-PCE and MXE are very different beasts in sub-dissociative dosages and/or with tolerance. O-PCE is heavily stoning and nearly sedating but completely lacks that warmth of MXE, and the latter is more wakefulness promoting but without any driving force of stimulants. Also O-PCE becomes weirdly psychotic after some days what MXE doesn't. So maybe differing receptor activity with the MXE coincidentally cancelling out some downstream tolerance effects, at least for me..?

I thought about this before, and think read some thread about thta effect from another bluelight user here, that MXE behaved abnormal in terms of tolerance because during the legal time I have gone through a good amount of it with far less tolerance than in shorter time afterwards with ketamine (MXE was my first real dissociative, so couldn't compare to that time, just thought to have found that "miracle drug" I've hoped for..okay, many think that, and it led to heavy "ab"use but there IS something interesting weird about MXE.)

As 3-MeO-PCE is finally available now, although expensive, I'm looking forward to trying this one now and to compare its effects. The PCP derivate was just a woodhammer dissociative with stimulation but no effect on mood.

Last edited:
There was such a range of effects from the various MXE forms out there. The very first were, by far, the best. It was also very addictive, and piracetam was the perfect anecdote to that...

i'm still curious whether these batches all were pure methoxetamine, as (if I'm right) there are only two possible isomers, and think no one would have isolated a single isomer without specially advertising that ... but without analysis it could have been anything, mixed with tiletamine or whatever.

i only had from the first batches (that were very good, and what I had now again from, that non-crystalline off-white fluffy powder that has no smell and little but characteristical taste and goes up the nose with no discomfort at all) and then from some late crystalline one that was nothing like the first, and definitely not methoxetamine - much more intense dissociation, no warmth and shorter duration - MXE lasts at least 6h for me overall with afterglow 8-12h.

(Then again, was the first MXE even pure!? Maybe it's the other way round, and that contained something like 3-OH, making the whole magic? Because it certainly was not 4x the potency of pure ketamine, and the later, harder stuff came more close to that.) Vendors, bring us more derivates ... I'd really want to try 3-OH-2'-OxO-PCE out for example. That could make a nice one too.

The racetam interaction is interesting, yes- they cancel dissociatives out completely.

This brings me to an interesting thought. I hate racetams usually, they are anxiogenic and speedy, even aniracetam. So maybe I have incompatible genetics here and this does something weird in combination with MXE (but then it should do the same with ketamine).
Last 20mg of MXE yesterday and it worked again. Will miss it so much ...

(Is it reinforcing? Yes- with the added component of truly improving everyday life, what the billion dollar prescriptions couldn't do. Dependence-forming? Physically, no. Mentally - yes, but to a good part due to the positive effects. O-PCE wasn't, for example, it induced aversion. Addictive- don't know. The first drug that proved not to cause infinite tolerance, but rather stayed on a level and even lowers tolerance to other drugs. That's for me, I have underlying conditions. But think this warrants further investigation for sure, if it works so good for me, then there will be thousands others that could benefit too. Just that it was roflcopter'd...hopefully these responsible for that will never get hopeless depression.. )

Last edited: