View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Deciding which method to use with Yopo

Oakstone

Bluelighter
(Looked around a good bit on the forums and didn't see anything that really covers what I'm asking, so I made this new topic.)
Finally got around to trying out DMT/related compounds, and I ordered ~20 yopo (made sure they were yopo, not cebil) seeds. At this point, I'm mostly deciding how I should use them, for the least amount of nausea/discomfort and best visuals. I've seen quite a bit of conflicting opinions on the topic, so I'd like to hear what you all have to say.

Method 1: Vaporizing the roasted seed innards. (Or method 1.1, making the traditional snorting yopo powder and vaporizing that.)
Method 2: Making the traditional snorting yopo powder (roasting seeds, grinding to powder, mixing with a specific ratio of moistened baking soda and lime and letting it dry) and snorting that.
Method 3: Preparing and drinking an MAOI, then eating the seeds (or the traditional powder).
Method 4: Preparing and drinking an MAOI, then either vaporizing the roasted seed innards/traditional powder or snorting the traditional powder.

Between less nausea/discomfort and better visuals, I'd choose less nausea (though, obviously, I still want visuals, otherwise I wouldn't be doing this at all ;)). I really hate nausea, and would prefer this to be a minimal-discomfort first experience so I might be more willing to try again.

Whatever one I do, should I do it on an empty stomach, or eat a little bit beforehand?

Thanks for whatever input you all can give!

Go traditional snuff method. No baking soda, use lime.

Oh, only lime? A lot of places I saw people using both. Thanks for the response!

It's a pretty intense ride with a heavy bodyload. But an amazing expierence. Check back in and let us know how it went!

Sure thing. It will probably be a week or so before I'm able to do it, but it should be pretty interesting.

(I should keep a trashcan handy, from what I've heard. :p )

I've been looking around a bit online for creating a relatively good extraction of the bufotenine (and possibly other active compounds) from the seeds, and found one that I'll probably do.
An extremely shortened version of it is: boil the powdered seeds a few times in water made ~pH 3, evaporate (low heat) until it's a syrup, add IPA and filter out solids, evaporate again until syrupy, add calcium hydroxide and dry until powdery, mix in acetone, get rid of remaining solids, and evaporate the acetone.
My question is: Instead of just evaporating the acetone until I get some sort of powdery extract or something, would it be possible to get some mundane herb (mullein, mint, etc.), mix it into the acetone, and wait until it's all dry, and smoke/vaporize that? The main reason I'm wondering is that it would be a good deal easier for me to smoke/vaporize that than a powder or something.

Well, zealously curious me decided try an extraction (not actually the one listed above), but it didn't work. Tried both vaporizing and smoking, to no effect. Eh, it's what I get for not wanting to do it the traditional way, I guess.