• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Dealing with side effects of methylphenidate

sydh001

Greenlighter
There are two possible methylphenidate highs for me - ones where I am happy and go through the comedown easily, and ones where I am anxious for parts of the high (usually the end) and the comedown kills me. My usual dose is 36-90 oral, and 10-25 sublingual or snorted. These are the side effects that bother me most.

In all highs: dry mouth. When I'm on this, I like to talk, and cotton mouth gets in the way of that. It's also very uncomfortable after the high wears off.

Also, the thing that usually triggers anxiety is being left alone after being with someone. Then, I'm prone to redosing. And when I'm anxious, I don't sleep. Usually I can sleep a few hours at night if I prevent the anxiety.

Any ways to fight that? Mainly the second, because that's the one that actually hurts - but don't underestimate how annoying cotton mouth can be...

consider investing in some benzos for the comedown; they're great for sleep and anxiety.
but remember that although they're great for sleep they can be addictive if used too frequently.

Make sure you have enough food in you so your blood sugar (and mood/concentration) don't crash! A balance of fats and carbs for energy, and protein for the amino acids that make dopamine/serotonin ;)

consider investing in some benzos for the comedown; they're great for sleep and anxiety.
but remember that although they're great for sleep they can be addictive if used too frequently.

I don't like benzos. I mean, I love them, but once I use them once I don't stop. I've had a few weeks of insane benzo usage before...

Learn how to play an instrument. I hate being alone when stimmed out too, but I started picking up random instrument and teach in myself, loads of fun dude. Been working on the Dobro recently. And drink lots of water for cotton mouth, I'll hit up some sugar-free gum too, just keep it wet