• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Dealing with Marijuana's effects on appetite and the stomach (rebound starvation)

jam uh weezy

Bluelighter
This thread is about how marijuana affects the appetite. yea yea, we know it gives you munchies, but i'm more interested in how the people around here who smoke larger amounts of weed deal when they AREN'T smoking.

My marijuana use spans about 9 years. after the initial first months, i became a full blown all day every day smoker. a few years after that, I realize the negative effects that amount as having on my personality. but i don't believe in quitting! so i frequently go on binges… Marijuana is the one thing I cannot control. I've held on to large quantites of other drugs in the past, and have not issue with self control and discipline. The only exception is with marijuana(because it's "just marijuana") and if i have it, chances are i'm high. so try to only buy a little bit on the weekends.

so this is how i deal with my addiction: stay sober for a while, and then binge it up. the only issue with this, is after my binges, my stomach acts really weird.
I don't feel any interest to eat, but raelize i need to so i force it down. it is just hard to eat, even if the meal is extremely tasty. on top of that, my stomach is EXTREMELY sensitive and my gag reflex becomes extremely sensitive. just eating sometimes makes me wanna gag. drinking coffee is a no go (althought I rarely drink since the past few months). taking a shot is a bad move…. and sometimes even slight nervousness sends my stomach in spirals, and dry heaving. it's weird….

when i was heavily addicted, it was way worse. and now that i smoke less, it's not so much an issue, but weed is on of those things i will always be dabbling with, and its's frustrating to deal with this!!!

anyways…any other related stuff? tips to help with the stomach issues? thanks errrbody.

I understand where you're coming from, but I don't understand exactly what's causing your problems. When you smoke massive amounts of weed, obviously you tend to eat more. When I smoked every day, I weighed upwards of 280lbs. Since I weened down ridiculously and only smoke maybe once a week, pretty much at most, I lost almost 70lbs. I weigh around 210 now. I don't tend to eat as much, and quite frankly, I can't handle eating that much anymore. I take normal size plates of food, instead of stacking up and eating massive amounts, taking three sometimes four plates of food. I can't relate to having stomach issues besides the fact that once you get used to eating less, it might go away. I wish you luck on your questions.

This is a somewhat common side-effect for heavy users. Sadly there's little I know about it other than I experience the same problems. I just make sure I don't run out of weed and I'm in the clear...

Eating before does wonders. Try not to consume anything besides pure water (helps with the Cottonmouth) when blazed because one bite and you'll be craving more.

Keep yourself occupied so thoughts of "hunger" won't consume you. Watch tv, blast music, read a book, take a walk, hang out with a friend etc.

My stomach issue with marijuana was slightly similar. When I was drinking a lot of whiskey, and smoking tobacco/marijuana I would have incredible stomach issues. This would include changing of normal appetites, random stomach pains, access stomach acid causing other problems, so on and so forth. It is possible to eat and burp out smoke which makes me convinced that smoking early in the morning will ruin the stomach; but I guess this only happens when you inhale too deep too quickly.

The smoke was irritating the deepest part of my lungs and possibly even the stomach. Alongside an improper diet this made it even worse. To resolve this I stopped intake of every one of these substances. The marijuana I still vaporize but this is slightly dry and much smoother. It also doesn't make me feel like I am working towards a stomach ulcer with every morning session.

Now I'm not suggesting you quit alcohol/smoking and only vaporize but, maintaining a proper diet at normal time intervals, not inhaling as deep as possible and perhaps some antacids should help. Remember, after consuming allot of marijuana it is normal to have no desire to eat for a long time so you will most likely have to fight this and convince yourself mentally that you are hungry as hell. Light physical exercise cay stimulate the appetite as well.

^I believe he is talking about stomach upset as a temporary withdrawal symptom. I think you guys are missing what he's talking about but maybe I am? OP?

I'm dependent on weed and when I don't have it my stomach is fucked up and I don't want to eat for a minimum of 48 hours. I usually feel like death by the end. And I don't even smoke that much.

I had that once I quit my quarter gram a day 5 month AM2201 habit, really bad acid stomach the whole time and had trouble keeping water down at times. Was constantly burping too.

Couldn't really eat for over a week, ended up taking most of my food in, in the form of home made 'meal replacement smoothies'. Blended berries + bananas (vitamins and carbs), peanut butter (healthy fats), whey (protein), and sugar (taste and more carbs) with a little milk to make it liquid enough to drink.

The other thing I found that made me hungry/have appetite was excercise. This doesn't have to be running or something cardio, I hate cardio and doing it just after stopping smoking synths or weed is even more horrible due to the coughing up crap and sweating like a pig. Weights and swimming were what I did, ended up putting on 12kg of muscle in a few months and finding something other than drugs to get addicted to!
Had never gone to the gym before that but it worked, and gave something to distract me from feeling shit and wanting to smoke, although nowadays I do love going to the gym high.

^ I go to the gym almost everyday. This definitely helps!
^I believe he is talking about stomach upset as a temporary withdrawal symptom. I think you guys are missing what he's talking about but maybe I am? OP?
You are correct, but everyone else is correct too… My issue is definitely a temporary withdrawal issue(when it becomes worse), but the symptons of withdraw return when I start to smoke heavily again, before i even quit: sensitive stomach, not being hungry. it's like when I smoke heavily, even smoking doesn't always make my hunger come back until i've had a few bowls. i remember at the peek of my stonerdom, i was so skinny it was unhealthy, it was so hard to eat..i was drinking tons of coffee at the time too.

Now I'm not suggesting you quit alcohol/smoking and only vaporize but, maintaining a proper diet at normal time intervals, not inhaling as deep as possible and perhaps some antacids should help. Remember, after consuming allot of marijuana it is normal to have no desire to eat for a long time so you will most likely have to fight this and convince yourself mentally that you are hungry as hell. Light physical exercise cay stimulate the appetite as well.
Totally dude. I recently decided to use my vaporizer exclusively. It takes long, but i think the health effects are way worth it. It seems to reduce my stomach issues, but the eating factor still remains. I've also cut coffe out of my diet, which was ripping my stomach up!

Eating before does wonders.
I notice this too! And I always try. But when I go through my binges, it often gets to the point where i can't even eat before hand. When this happens i know i need to chill…I think you're on to something. Next time i start up a binge, I'll ensure that I never eat for a few hours after smoking...And I definitely agree with keeping my mind occupied. Pretty much the only thing I want to do while I'm high is work on my dance moves :)

thank you for the help everyone. it's comforting to know that i am not the only one that has these effects from smoking alot.

^ I go to the gym almost everyday. This definitely helps!

You are correct, but everyone else is correct too… My issue is definitely a temporary withdrawal issue(when it becomes worse), but the symptons of withdraw return when I start to smoke heavily again, before i even quit: sensitive stomach, not being hungry. it's like when I smoke heavily, even smoking doesn't always make my hunger come back until i've had a few bowls. i remember at the peek of my stonerdom, i was so skinny it was unhealthy, it was so hard to eat..i was drinking tons of coffee at the time too.

Totally dude. I recently decided to use my vaporizer exclusively. It takes long, but i think the health effects are way worth it. It seems to reduce my stomach issues, but the eating factor still remains. I've also cut coffe out of my diet, which was ripping my stomach up!

I notice this too! And I always try. But when I go through my binges, it often gets to the point where i can't even eat before hand. When this happens i know i need to chill…I think you're on to something. Next time i start up a binge, I'll ensure that I never eat for a few hours after smoking...And I definitely agree with keeping my mind occupied. Pretty much the only thing I want to do while I'm high is work on my dance moves :)

thank you for the help everyone. it's comforting to know that i am not the only one that has these effects from smoking alot.

No problem man, you're not alone. I use to hate food when sober but sooner or later you begin to appreciate it. Food high isn't even as good as it use to be, it doesn't taste very different.

I wouldn't recommend this but it helped me. Fasting for 24 hours straight once in a while puts things in perspective. A loaf of bread after is just so god damn tasty.

I know you can control your munchies, we all can. It just takes time.

As for the withdrawal symptoms, my condolences. Maybe it's ideal to take a break if you're having awful effects when sober. Doing so would only lower your tolerance so the next time you blaze you'll REALLY feel it.

Good luck on no matter what you do, be sure to keep us posted. You will get better. :D