View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dealing with DMT based anxiety

MentalMagnificient

Greenlighter
I have done DMT several times and had only 1 true breakthrough and a couple of sub breakthroughs. I find DMT to be absolutely incredible adn The value I give it is very high. However there are some issues I have when experimenting that make proper use of it challenging. While my desire to experiment it is high I find that right before the ingestion my anxiety and fear of taking it shoots sky high. Keeping in mind that I have done many high level doses of other drugs (like 15mg DOM, 750ug LSD and 1 gram of mescaline) it should by assumption be easier to be comfortable with DMT. When I think about DMT outside of actual usage I am overcome with awe and wonder and I desire it badly. But when I have it in front of me about to take a toke I have an incredible onset of fear/anxiety that makes me have to spend about 15 minutes breathing slowly and trying to relax. Upon the inhale and the immediate onset of the drug I immediately wish it to be over, before I have even peaked on it. This is making it near impossible to properly experience the trip and really learn what it is I am meant to learn or see. I am unsure what this anxiety sprouts from as my breakthrough was beyond incredible even with the absolute fear I encountered from the mind shattering reality of it. I am looking to begin experimenting with it again but I would Like advice on how to deal with the anxiety onsets and prevent it if possible. I do know that I cannot do it alone as that is where the fear is strongest, having the company of another does not remove the fear but definitely makes it less intense. Are there other substances that can be taken to take the edge off of the anxiety that will not take away from the experience or is the anxiety just something I am going to have to deal with until I have achieved familiarity with the compound?

I'm about to do it for the first time. I'm going to have some Valium with me incase I need it . If it's that strong maybe one about an hour before doing it. I don't think it will take away from the experience. I re thought about it and I see nothing wrong with mellowing out before such a big leap. This just may mellow, I'm going to say us, because I plan on doing it, mellow us out, just enough to see the positive side of the trip. Let's pretend it takes something away from the trip. Just smoke a tiny bit more. Problem solved. I'm Speed King. PM me if you want. I'd love to hear your future experience. When I do it, I'm telling someone.
Relax, I just watched a documentary on DMT, the spirit molecule. You'll be back before you know it. Speed King

Last edited:
Try meditating for like 30 min beforehand.

I get the same thing and i have a lot of experience with it. I think if I revisit it, I will go the oral route. no way around an abrupt comeup when you are smoking psychedelics really.