• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

DEA Stubbornly Sticking With Marijuana Classification

GreenMiley

Greenlighter
So Fox News of all places grilled the head of the DEA over marijuana reclassification and he pretty much refused to entertain the idea of considering marijuana for reclassification. He even goes on to defend this by saying it's not been proven to have any medical benefits, despite contrary information from the National Cancer Institute. Why do we even have a DEA at this point if their information is so wildly out of date?

Unfortunately the DEA and ONDCP are stuck in an Orwellian Catch-22 in regards to harm reduction. Their jobs REQUIRE them to parrot federal law on the issue. Regardless of public opinion or changing legislative status. It forbids them from even advocating for a change in the law. Coming out in favor of cannabis legalization could cost the Drug Czar their job.

This, however, doesn't change my personal belief that the DEA has no logical reason to exist, and any DEA Agent enthusiastically doing their job should be charged with crimes against humanity.

This has become a human rights issue under everyone's nose. A question at the so called Presidential Debates is "what do you say to the mature, professional, tax paying people who would like to use cannabis as a tonic and elixir without being called a criminal?"

Mr. Chuck Rosenberg you are ok with sending good people, people that may be very close to you, for using a plant that has a safe profile just to justify a job?

Most shameful. How anyone can sleep at night while locking up good people that uses a plant of their choosing. Isn't ANYONE taking a good look at it? I know change is happening, but until it hits my state I am unable to get what I need except for the black market. I will say this without mixing words. I enjoy the euphoria that cannabis provides and the healthy outcome of insight and hunger after I partake is worth it for me. A nice after work tonic that is much safer than alcohol. Sleep comes nicely too without feeling drugged the next day.

It is a shame how reliant we are on the system being the way it is. I guarantee the only reason they are so amendment on the idea that marijuana is bad and can not possible have medical use is because of the massive budget cuts they will receive once marijuana is legal. I am sure that everyone who has something to lose, which is a lot of people, will attempt to delay this. It will only get worse as the date for it gets closer, I consider it an inevitable thing. Odds are the claims will get more ridiculous the idea that kids use will go up will be everywhere. But we are talking about people losing their jobs across the nation and that is most disturbing part of the whole thing; that the health/future of a people can be dictated by where money is coming from and not what is important.

To make marijuana recognized for its medical use has nothing to do with people using drugs, it is called progress. Progress only comes through struggle and effort but it is always a long and bloody road. We will get past this and the DEA of the future years will not be reliant on marijuana for funding and there may even be real changes in the way cartels in mexico operate and if done correctly the marijuana industry can redistribute these profits and budgets that are not needed anymore. The government needs to stop looking at it like "these people will lose jobs and budgeting" as "these people" are often high ranking government agents judges probation officers and say "these people will gain opportunities for employment" referring to high school educated people, people who got out of prison and people who actually need the money to have a normal life. This is a chance to give those who were not "lucky" enough to be born on top the chance to climb just a bit this is why the marijuana industry should be tailored to those who are not huge international firms. If growers located in the state were allowed to sell to there state only and keep 100% of the jobs in their state the national economy will go up. If they keep it with big firms outside of the state due to some irrational fear or attempt to control the market will not change anything as the money made will be funneled outside of the state it is being made in, weakening the market. This is the one chance the US has at completely revamping the economy, they wont because they are corrupt but be it known things could have changed through this.

This is where a lot of problems will be solved if the government will stop being so concerned about what they stand to lose and be more concerned with what can be gained.

Last edited:
Things are progressing for the western world with weed being slowly more acceptable but godamn sometimes I get so impatient. These dumb old opinions, and I suspect people be lying through their teeth just because its their job to keep the war on drugs going. Some legacy bullshit.

Dumb exzaderateing American. Right? To each his own I impose. Or demand. Should have let Nick sand alone. They won't be happy bout this one. But if we had good lsd more for the masses as Oct meds. People would make nbome as often. I'm holding back on this tread. Peace fuckers

I agree that the inertia is too great at this point to really stop the eventual legalization but (as with any major industry shift) there will be growing pains. It's the forward movement of society and it's always happening in some shape or form. Look at video rental places. It's easy to say as someone who doesn't work in the marijuana industry but people will need to use their brains and evolve through this instead of clinging to a floating, bloated corpse. I've had jobs disappear because of advances in technology or new techniques. It's not an easy time when that happens, but I'm still here, so I know these people can do it.

It doesnt matter. Momentum is on the side of legalizing and is gaining steam every day. Once enough states legalize it will force the issue on the federal level. Likely you will see a realloccation of resources at the DEA away from Marijuana and towards other drugs (hopefully some kind of prescription drug monitoring program).