• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

DEA back-off on scheduling Moxy and related tryptamines

paracelsius

Bluelighter
So the US DEA backs-off scheduling “Foxy Methoxy” and these other tryptamines:
  • 4-hydroxy-N,N-diisopropyltryptamine (4-OH-DiPT), (Iprocin)
  • 5-methoxy-alpha-methyltryptamine (5-MeO-AMT),
  • 5-methoxy-N-methyl-N-isopropyltryptamine (5-MeO-MiPT), (Foxy Methoxy)
  • 5-methoxy-N,N-diethyltryptamine (5-MeO-DET), and
  • N,N-diisopropyltryptamine (DiPT)
https://www.federalregister.gov/doc...-4-hydroxy-nn-diisopropyltryptamine-4-oh-dipt

The whole scheduling thing is so fck-up. First they put all tryptamines in analogs law then they schedule one at a time. Now they unschedule some (for the time bein at least I guess)... Did they lost court cases involving tryptamines like Foxy or Iprocin or 5MeO-AMT that I may not be aware off?

edit: ooops! Actually it is Moxy (5-methoxy-N-methyl-N-isopropyl tryptamines) not Foxy (5-methoxy-N,N-diisopropyltryptamine): @MOD can you change title so there is no confusion...sorry

Oh I miss that one. It doesn’t happen often so I guess my brain dismiss the headline as just another Scheduling exercise and didnt bother reading further...but yeah big (and slow) progress!

I am still flabbergasted that they listened to people and backed off of kratom and some psychedelics. Maybe we are getting slightly more enlightened. Maybe.

I understand a whole slew of benzos are scheduled as of today but have limited info. No comments on those from the public so they will probably go down.

In response to the NPRM, DEA received numerous comments and four requests for a hearing on the proposed rule, as provided in 21 U.S.C. 811(a). DEA scheduled a hearing on the proposed rule and published a notice to that effect in the Federal Register on July 6, 2022 (87 FR 40167). The public hearing was scheduled to commence on August 22, 2022.

Upon further consideration, DEA has determined that it is appropriate to submit a new request to HHS for an updated scientific and medical evaluation and scheduling recommendation for these substances in accordance with 21 U.S.C. 811(b) and 21 CFR 1308.43(d).

Reminds me of when a regular member of this message board held up the scheduling of lacosamide:

The magic word is 'psychedelics'. More and more are getting considered for therapeutic use and they don't want to seem like twats

The DEA and "vibes" of the 2020's around pain meds has created a trend on TikTok.. about people in pain not being able to get any relief. Chronic or temporary.

I've noticed just with my older parents the last 5 years its been impossible to get ANY opiate, even when in extreme pain after an accident. Recently my mother had to have a leg surgery procedure done and they would not give her anything... nothing. Had to endure it. This whole opiate crisis BS, the media, etc and the government limiting how much opiates can be produced. Even though the prescription pills have nothing to do with the fentanyl epidemic. If anything I bet it just makes people google their way into the research chemical scene or classic black market.

Its depressing to think that if I ever get into some horrible accident someday that I won't be able to access 20-21st century pain relief technology. None of it makes sense. Just give the addicts oxy pills daily.

Its like there's a weird bias towards anything pleasurable. Anyone can walk into a place in the USA and immediately get 24mg a day buprenorphine strips for free... can just make up a story. Some chronic pain people actually make videos about having to pretend to be an addict just to get them. Weird world we live in.