• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

day one on suboxone and my heart is fluttering/beating fast I'm scared pls help

monalisa321

Greenlighter
HI there, hope to get some insight asap as I am freaking out because I can FEEL my heart doing irregular things... .

Quick info:

On opiates for about 5 yrs off and on, but started roxy about year ago. Built tolerance and was on about 150mgs a day...self medicating for my depression I never tool the time to treat. Decided to try suboxone as I've heard good things and have tried many,many, MANY times to taper and quite but failed.

Went to sub induction this morning, was given 4 mg strip. 2 hrs later another 4mgs and left. During the 2 hour in between had ekg was abnormal, told them my heart felt like it was fluttering and felt strange, almost like being sedated?? I am a petite 95lb woman, and have no experience with this drug whatsoever........i Left clinic feeling confused and drowsy. About an hour later my heart felt like it was either beating fast or irregularly and shortness of breath and sometimes felt like I couldn't take a deep enough breath. ..this happened a couple of times. Had 2 or 3 cravings during day, not really bad but not comfortable either, for a few min each.

It's now late in the evening and it feels like my heart is out of whack......it's such a strange feeling. And sometimes feels like when u are startled and u feel like ur heart stopped for a sec???? Please help, I'm very scared of this is normal, then this method of treatment is not for me. Please help! I go back tomorrow afternoon but I'm scared somethings wrong with me.. something major????? I'm a married,stay at home mom and really wanted help but this is terrifying. Thank you so much, E

right off the bat suboxone isnt a miracle pill even with subox the cravings will be there its take effort on your part to resist
it can be numerous things but nothing is better than talking to the people who are administrating the suboxone
now all this can be pure speculation maybe a bad reaction? just because subox is commonly scripted doesnt mean everyone will respond well to it
maybe its the dose is to high for you? maybe side effects? maybe it's WD?

maybe it can be down right anxiety? maybe because it's new to you and don't know what to expect? your own sub conscious can become an enemy believe it or not
IMO from what you're exp the heart palps...when it feels like your heart stopped then jump starts itself feeling, the need to take a deep breath and can't, the edgyness sorta like being on high alert from personal exp is... anxiety

i would try and calm down as hard as it seems
i learned something in psycho therapy....the more you believe in something the more it becomes real.....the more you think something is wrong it becomes reality when in fact the truth is.....nothing is wrong

talk to the people and let them know what is going
hope you feel better

IMO i think the dose is to high for you i would ask for a dose re adjustment

Last edited:
Thank you. The on call night dr said I needed to try and relax. But the reason I'm so "anxious" is because my heart is doing strange things....not just once but off and on through out the day. I read that serious side effects of higher doses may cause respiratory depression, increased or decreased heart rate, low bp, heart attack or failure. I also received an injection of sub gel with 16 mg that slow releases throughout the course of a week.. so yea I'm worried the dose is too high...but the dr also seems to think I'm creating this issue myself by being anxious.....but I was just laying in bed reading a book with my child and it started, and lasted for a while. Seems like it's stopped now. Thank you for your quick response, very much appreciated

Suboxone is Buprenorphine right? Sorry if I missed, but I don't see you mentioned what kind of stuff were you taking short before, like day before you went to sub induction? If it was almost anything else than bupe, you had to wait until you are in full WD! At least that is what is recommended. Some retarded docs ignore this and simply try to put you on so high dose so you don't feel the WD, but that can also lead to OD.

Beside that switching opioids can be a real PITA. I had similar issues (w/ heart) when I started with Morphine maintenance, and I actually never really got used to M, not even 2 years later, but since I am to weak, and actually not in situation to go trough WD, and because I need pain meds, and b/c there is nothing better avail, I am sticking with it for now althogh I would prefer H actually (Doesn't have to be IV at all, no I wouldn't like it like that.), but it is not avail here in maintenance programms. Despite the fact it converts to M I tolerate it much better somehow.

Edit:

Ok I see now you mentioned roxy, what is Oxycodone right? And you were on it when you went to receive Buprenorphine? Retards probably tried to put you so high so you don't feek WD.
Find help for your kid, lay down and don't move if you don't have to. It is much easier for your cardiovascular system when you lie down so try that if you still have the issue. If you start feeling really bad call 911 or whatever you have there and tell them about your issue - You are OD w/ buprenorphine by your doc. If something happens to you because of him I whish him to die from cancer, slowly.

Last edited: