Day by Day: Trying to get clean and venting here on BL.

dhasch16

Greenlighter
Introduction:
--- Im pretty new here. Ive posted a few times, scattered over awhile, about either doing or withdrawaling from various drugs. Ive read alot here, and ive researched drugs more than anyone i know.
---I just want to talk really, vent. To get things off my mind and remind myself of my struggle/story and why im doing this. Id love support from anyone who thinks they can help, and id love to hear from anyone who feels like they can relate.

Recent Updates:
--- ☆Mods☆; Please move this post to the blog section as soon as i reach 50 post. (If that's how that works. Another user told me i needed 50 posts)
---Started post, added some background, added some format. (Mods, please allow me to copy this post if you must delete so i dont need to retype)

Sobriety Progress:
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Last Weed use -------- 0 Days
Last Mdma use ------- 2 Days
Last Adderall use ---- 0 Days
Last Opiate use ------- 3 Weeks
Last Tobacco use ---- 2 Days
Last Benzo use -------- 3 weeks
---------------------------------------------------------------------

My story - Starting 10/9/16

About Me:
Call me D; I'm a 7th semester mechanical engineering student and I think I have a drug problem. I am scared, and worried. I hope i can vent here and use this place to replace time id otherwise spend high.
I really starting abusing drugs at age 20. I've dabbled, without negative life interference, since 18. I've used a lot of different things over the years, but 90% is weed. I recently had 2 bad run-ins with etizolam and xanax blackouts that caused a lot of damage to relationships with my family, friends, woman, and to my grades. I'm ready to try and get clean, at least start. I want to start with weed, as I'll be looking for jobs soon. This is my story, and there is a great deal to it.

Day 0 - Im finishing my laundry i pushed off until after the presidential debate. Its nearly midnight now. I smoked the very last of that shit weed matt has. Not going near that for a very long time, if ever, again. I hope...
Anyways, im going to throw out my equipment and everything for weed out in the dumpster by my apartment; doing that when I go to grab my laundry from the dryer in 20 mins. Not folding it tonight. My friends are waiting for me on ps. And this wouldnt be a satisfactory goodbye to weed if i didnt play my last games high. Ill update soon.

Day 1 - Its early morning now. I got my laundry and I threw out all my weed stuff. I'll need to get to bed now. Day 1 begins for real tomorrow.
-->Woke up around 10 today. Waiting for the shower, then ill probably head to pay for my parking pass here (280$ for 7 months...) so i can schedule my classes for the following semester. Finally got the non-disclosure agreement signed by a sponsor of mine, too bad idw do this for them anymore; oh well. Itll be a long day today, knowing I cant smoke weed will probably have me on edge. Coming off mdma and speed is probably gunna have me feeling like shit for a bit as well.

Im in class now. See how that goes.
Well im out of class. Cravings are high, havin a beer now ( one of the few substances i have zero addiction towards is alcohol )

Last edited:
Since i have a thread all to myself, ill continue on comments as needed.

Hi dhasch.:) You are welcome to use this thread as a journal thread rather than a blog if you prefer to get input from other members. Otherwise we can move it to blogs once you have reached 50 posts. It's actually a common practice here in TDS to try to use a journal-type thread to support personal change. Nothing like checking in with yourself and others every day when you are trying to quit!

Be very aware of your alcohol consumption because remember that you are used to being in an altered state and it is natural that you are going to crave just that (no matter the source) as you confront feelings of discomfort and uneasiness. The goal is to have those very feelings become less powerful and more manageable without having to rely on substances. Removing the need diminishes the desire/craving.

It sounds like you have given this a lot of thought and right now your motivation is high. Capitalize as much as you can on that early motivation and try to develop plans for when it falters. What kind of support do you have around you IRL? Are any of your friends trying to change their relationship with drugs as well? Do you have interests that do not involve being high?

I think your strategy of writing about all of the changes as you face them is a very good one. I look forward to supporting you in any way I can.<3