• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Day 8 suboxone withdrawal

johnl2

Greenlighter
Hello, I've posted here before about coming off of suboxone. Well this time I have no choice in the matter at all for personal reasons. I have been taking lope as needed and it's pretty good so far. I have ordered some poppy seeds to try and take the edge off. They will not be arriving until Wednesday of next week. But I will tell you, this is surely a life changing experience for me. I don't exactly know any other way. I have been on sub for the past 8 yrs. I was in daytop for about 4 years and got on sub practically as soon as I got out. I know, dumb. I thought I could drink. I was wrong. I started using drugs in 2003 and they have controlled my life ever since. But I am in control now. Like I said, there is no choice this time around. I am hoping someone can chime in and let me know how long their suboxone withdrawals lasted, hopefully somebody who has been on it for as long as I have. Btw, my dose was always around 2mg, I have gone up and down from there.

Thanks,

John

unfortunately sub withdrawals can be very protracted, what dose where you on when you stopped taking them? and did you do any tapering?
also be careful adding poppy seed tea as you could just wind up becoming addicted to that before you'v even got properly clean from the subs

Thank you for your response keeping, I stopped at 1mg for a week but had a party the week before up to 8mg per day. Then I just abruptly went to 1mg for a week and stopped. I am still feeling quite awful, cannot take my lope b/c I have not had a proper bowel movement as of yet. I am assuming that I will be fine by the time my seeds arrive. Which would be a real slap in the face. But maybe for the best. But knowing me, I'd try it anyway b/c that is just how it is. I was aware of suboxone withdrawals lasing much longer than traditional opiates due to the long half-life, I was figuring around mid-next week I should be pretty normal and hopefully no mental problems such as depression. I never had depression stopping hard opiates before so hopefully this will be the same.