• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids day 4 small dose relapse, consequences?

JacobCarlyon

Greenlighter
I am detoxing from a 700+ MG a day Roxicodone addiction. I made it through 4 days of absolute hell, every symptom talked about on this board and plus some. I really didn't even feel human. I found a 30 mg tab stashed in my room. I couldn't bring myself not to take it. I feel like a person again for the first time. However, I am worried about how I will feel after it wears off. Will I have to do it all over again. Because if so I think I am going to have to find some suboxone or methadone or something. I dont think I can take another 4 days of hell. Please advice.

The first three to four days are the worst. I can empathize with you there, and I can empathize about not being able to not take that dose you found.

Because your daily dose was so high, I don't think 30mg will make you go back through the hell you've already experienced but it will prolong the complete withdrawal a little bit and will therefore be uncomfortable for sure...but the worst is probably behind you. Again, I don't blame you at all for wanting to take that 30mg tab.

If you feel you need to get on suboxone or methadone, there are lots of resources available here on Bluelight and elsewhere to help you decide if you need ORT (Opiate Replacement Therapy), if so, which one to choose, etc.

I'm currently using suboxone and kratom to reduce my opiate dose needs, I've been using for five years. Many people on this board share similar experiences.

I feel for you man, you can do it. Don't be afraid to get on suboxone or methadone if you need to.

Thanks for the advice. However, i need to correct an error, my daily dose was 200+ mg not 700+ I don't know it that changes anything. I really appreciate your reply. It helps so much to know I am not the only one. I am just trying to formulate a plan of recovery. This info helps

That makes a bit of a difference haha

I would still believe a 700mg a day habit, but it does make it easier...200mg a day, that is.

How much relief did you get from that 30mg dose?

Not complete relive. The shakes subsided and I was able to tell the difference in temp in the room again. It is the best Ive felt in days. Its only been 6 hours since I took it and I am still feeling ok. A little shaky but, nothing serious.

Everyone will relapse during PAWS without the right kind of support. I did it myself more than once.

You can't do it on your own. Addiction is not simply your physical dependence but a mental disease. You should seriously consider going to NA/AA meetings and do so with an open mind. I used to think that stuff was stupid and make fun of it. But the program has been amazing for me. The people accept you and want to help in a way I have never experienced elsewhere. Nothing is better than help from other addicts that have defeated it. Seeing how they have done it and gone on to be happy is a huge boost.

Good luck bro, if you need anything feel free to PM me. I will do anything I can to help,
David

Well in comparison to your original habit, which was a pretty high dose, 1 30mg roxy is pretty small. Since you made it four days through the worst of it, taking 30mg may set you back, but I highly doubt your withdrawals will come back at the same intensity you felt the four days before re dosing. I would expect another couple days of moderate symptoms gradually fading into a bearable situation.

I don't blame you for taking that 30mg, I certainly would have as well if I had found it during a hardcore detox. I commend you for getting through the worst of it, as many people would NOT have been able to make it as far as you did. The acute withdrawal is very tough to get through cold turkey, so be proud of yourself that you made it that far. Most other people would have caved by day 2, myself included.

From here on out, it would be best to avoid taking any more oxycodone, and I am sure by next week you will be feeling more or less back to normal (physically atleast). After the acute withdrawal is done, the PAWS will still be there, which is often what leads people to relapse after getting through the physical sickness. The anxiety, insomnia, anhedonia, etc can be very hard to deal with.

It may be a good idea to speak with a doctor and see if he can prescribe some meds to help with the depression and insomnia and whatnot. Ideally you should avoid benzos, due to the addiction factor obviously. But in my opinion a small dose of benzos for a week or two shouldn't make you develop a physical dependency.

A big part of getting through the PAWS is learning how to cope with cravings. As much as some people hate it, AA/NA is a great place to go and has helped many people. You need to learn to love live without opiates. Staying active, exercising, heating healthy, spending time with friends/loved ones, and taking up some kind of hobby to occupy your time are all important things.

PAWS can last anywhere from weeks, to months, to years. It all depends on how much work you put in to get back to a normal lifestyle and learning to live without opiates. It is hard, but the ball is in your court. Sitting in your room moping about it will do nothing to make it go away, and potentially make the PAWS worse. This can consequently lead to relapse.

But overall, congratulations on making it this far, it takes some serious willpower to cold turkey a habit like that, and you should be proud of yourself for doing so. Do not beat yourself up for taking one roxi. You did great, just keep it up and stay strong.

Sorry for the novel, haha my meds have kicked in and i am feeling fantastic.

Cheers, good luck.

That's good to hear.

I recommend getting your hands on some loperamide (Imodium) and something to help you sleep/help with the anxiety, benzos are preferred but there are other options..and benzos carry with them the risk of swapping one addiction for another (even worse) addiction. Loperamide makes a world of a difference, not only with the obvious shitty (pun intended) part of opiate withdrawal, but with the cramps and a lot of other symptoms as well.

Edit, looks like while I was busy browsing The Lounge, Brokedown did his best work...I'm on day four without buprenorphine and day two without kratom, so I'm not as apt to write a novel as other people are =D

Last edited:
i cold turkeyed my 4 year suboxone addiction and i lasted 1 month (almost exactly). I figured i would try a little bit of suboxone to catch a buzz, so i took 1mg.. 2ish days later realized i was still taking it and that i had relapsed so i stopped again. So i relapsed for 3 days after a month clean ,and it has been 3or4 days since i stopped (for the second time) and my w/d's have started over again, though not as severe and i can tell they're not going to last much longer as i feel better today than i did yesterday.. i think tomorrow i will be 98.9% better lol. good luck!

Thank you all! Ill update you on my status.

Btw has anyone ever tried using flexeril during detox? I have one 10 mg tablet left over.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ohh, that makes sense, I was a bit confused.

@OP

I haven't personally tried Flexeril during detox but I've used it recreationally countless times. It's good for slight sedation and helping with the restless legs that come with WD. I would hold onto that 10mg tablet as long as you can unless you're getting bad RLS then I recommend taking it.

Cyclobenzaprine (Flexeril) can be used to help out benzos or other sedatives you may want to take during detox as well, if you need to take other sedatives at all.

Flexeril is a very mild muscle relaxer. But during withdrawal I would personally try and avoid it. It has some severe anti-cholinergic properties, and using it during detox, it has the potential to make your symptoms more severe. Anything over 30mg or so and the delirium starts to show it self, and will give you dry mouth, hallucinations, and could even make your rls worse. So I mean taking 10mg here and there won't hurt, but I don't think it will do too much. Soma (carisoprodol) would be a MUCH better choice to use during withdrawal, but it can be intoxicating and has the potential for abuse/habituation.

hi guys is seroquel any good for helping sleep during wds? I have been off methodone now for 4 wks but as usual with me ive started using h again only a bag a day but its been a wk now, ive just CWE 26 8/500 co codamol and ive got 70 ml of methodone and ten 5ml mst contin so Wats the best way to do it any one help pls thanks

^if u only using a bag a day, doesn't that mean u are not physically dependent so u could just stop (and just have psychological addiction)? because a bag of h wouldnt really last 24hrs. I think that for an addict to wait 12 hrs after a dose to feel w/d is on the long end.

I mean I have been chipping this month and as long I don't use every 4-6 hours for 3 days straight, i can usually avoid w/d. I have also used 4meoPCP, methoxetamine, and ketamine to not only alleviate w/d symptoms, but cure my physical addiction to h and even suboxone.

I dnt know anything about codamol, but if I had the methadone, I might do something like 30, 20, 10, 10 to taper.
------------
And to the OP I don't think 30mgs would do anything if it was just an occasional thing. Again, when I was addicted to Oxycontin, if I used straight for 3 days I'd get physically hooked. The real monster is the psychological part (at least for me) -- call if PAWS or whatever, but it keeps me coming back regardless of the consequences.

Last edited:
I tried flexoril for severe withdrawal insomnia but it just made my RLS worse, as does seroquil, benedryl, zopiclone, etc. If the w/s is bad enough even benzos make my RLS worse. short of old-school barbs (which are addictive and fairly unsafe), I'd say the best thing to do is take lots of hot baths with epsom salts (magnesium sulfate), accept the fact that you're not going to get much sleep (if any) for 2-7 days depending how prone you are to insomnia in w/d, accept that sleeplessness won't kill you, and once the other physical symptoms start getting better then a benzo will knock you out without causing RLS.

note that some people get relief from benzos even in severe w/d. I don't.

You sound like you know what you're talking about, I mean great answer. So, let me ask you this. Will I have to start all over again too? Took a tiny shot of some bunk shit that I doubt even had H in it, mostly additives. I did this on third day of withdrawal.

^ Hey welcome to Blue light bud! How much were you taking per day, and for how long ? The answer will depend those factors. But most likely, you will be set back, but you won't return all the way to square one, especially if the quality was low..