• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Day 3 of perc withdrawl and took one pill will NEED HELP??

Strugglingopiteadd

Greenlighter
Hello everyone, I am new and this is my forst post... I have been addicted to vikes, percs for 5 years ( 6 to 10 pills a day )and desperately want to quit. I just went 3 days ( well 2 and 3/4) and just took 1 perc 10/325. Will this delay the hell is withdrawals at all?? I have went through hell the past 3 days and really want to quit. I am.so ashamed of myself for taking one and am very scared it will set my withdrawals back. I have been a long time reader of these forms and decided I needed to join, I need all the help and support I can get. Please, if anyone reads this please help me... I am 29 and have 2 children and a wonderful family that I have lost because of this mess. Someone please help....

It may make you feel better for a few hours, it wont necessarily reset your WD, but you'll still have to endure them. Can you access more, so you can taper yourself down?

- Hopeless Soul

You can just quit it at once. The first few days will be hard but it will end soon.
However, if you have the discipline and the will you'll do this. I believe the 4th day is the worst, in case you want to go on.

if you went 2 days just keep at it
all you're doing is pausing the WD with that extra dose....yeah itll help but
once you rid that dose its right back to the WD
IME WD wont be fatal by any means yeah you'll go to hell....(maybe) and back but nothing you cant recover from.... 20 physical 80 mental

the first couple of days are gonna test you and itll win but eventually things will get better

you can do it

Thank you all for your responses. Today I have horrible anxiety but that is the only symptom of withdrawl I have left. All of the other tiredness and feeling like complete s**t is gone. Hopefully I am getting to the end of this maddness

Hey Struggling, welcome to Bluelight. Congratulations on your decision to stop using Opioids, it's no doubt one of the hardest things to get free of. I'm not speaking scientifically here, I'm speaking based upon my own experiences and those of people close to me as I usually do. When you're in withdrawal and you get some abstinence under your belt, taking Opioids is going to set you back a little bit.

And yes, the unfortunate thing is that taking an Opioid while in withdrawal seems to have a disproportionate effect on how far it sets you back. I couldn't tell you why this is, but it seems to be a fact. The only thing you can do from here, is chalk up your mistake to the addiciton and continue on. It's not as if you're going to be sent back to square one in your withdrawal, so be proud of what you have accomplished so far - 3 days Opioid-free is a major accomplishment - and move forward.

Try to take some pride in what you are doing for yourself and how things will improve with your family. Use this positive energy to help get you through the tough times when you really feel like getting high.

Thank you all for your responses. Today I have horrible anxiety but that is the only symptom of withdrawl I have left. All of the other tiredness and feeling like complete s**t is gone. Hopefully I am getting to the end of this maddness
That's really good to hear, congratulations!
I would seek out NA classes, or some sort of support group! The dark side forum will work too. But now that the physical acute symptoms are subsiding, you're moving into the next phase called post acute withdrawal. This is the mental phase, I would suggest you do a little bit of reading on the subject, so you know what to expect!

But good job man!
- Hopeless Soul

Thanks so much! All of this encouragement has helped a lot! If I can just rid this anxiety life would be better lol