• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Day 1 Cold Turkey.... Advice

Dp013

Greenlighter
Day 1 of cold-turkey. 80-120mg of Oxy per day for past 4 years. Financially, family wise, health wise I can't take it anymore. Need some clarity in my life. Also, the experience is not providing the high or euphoria, rather been replace with 'the nod' and falling asleep at red lights. I'm not going down the H road so I'm starting here, today. Woke up dying for my pills and coffee. Body is stiff, achy, muscles tight. Can't stop yawning. Hot flashes. Can't keep my legs still. Fml. This is gonna suck.

M. 45 y/o. 6' 220.

Maybe you can take some kratom, kava kava or loperamide to get through the worst of it? Hang in there man.

Yeah.... prob should have planned this better. But just can't take it anymore. Plus, with my tolerance Kratom never did anything for me. But, would it help with symptoms? Never heard of kava kava. I'm open, will look online.

I never could do cold turkey. I mean I did it many many times but its so black and white and you battle the cravings constantly while feeling like cr+p.
I prefer tapering, find it that it makes it easier to stay off after, which I know is in most cases impossible cause everyone gives in. So I suggest this most of the time, if you can, try to get morphine sulfate ER capsules (they have tiny wax coated pebbles inside). It lasts very long, its easy to dose (just pop it open and take some of the pebbles though takes an hour plus to kick in) and very easy to taper down to zero because it lasts so long and lets you down so gently. Plus I have almost no craving on it but at the same time, I dont really find it very recreational so I dont worry about abusing it.
my 0.02s

Last edited:
Yeah.... prob should have planned this better. But just can't take it anymore. Plus, with my tolerance Kratom never did anything for me. But, would it help with symptoms? Never heard of kava kava. I'm open, will look online.

Knowing Kratom, it wouldn't surprise me if you didn't get anything out of it unless you are in withdrawals. If you have the chance to get any - DO IT! It will be a life saver.

A.so, do you have access to a doctor for any comfort meds? If not, what about I'mmodium? It'll work in an absolute pinch, if you are dying for some sleep.

How do you feel now? Keep us updated!

- VE