• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Darker weed relates to headaches

ThugRainbow

Greenlighter
Every time I smoke a strain of weed that has that dark green look to it with little to no orange hairs I always get a lot of pressure build up in my head to the point where I have to stop and it lasts for a while. I have friends that have said the same.
Light green strains however feel fine and give me no discomfort at all. Can anyone tell me why this is or is it just all in my head? (Pun intended)

That's really odd? What strains or type of herb do you usually smoke? Maybe it's something else like you're dehydrated, have low blood sugar, or it's literally all in your head?

Cannabis and hash generally relax me even the strains and types of cannabis that are dark green as you describe. If it's a Sativa type of hash or cannabis I get a psychedelic experience from it, and Indicas make me not want to move and are more relaxing so when I used to use cannabis and hash I would smoke those at night.

I don't usually know the strain because the different people I buy from don't usually know either unless it's like purp or blue dream or something like that. Typically the dark green stuff is referred to as pressure around here and it's definitely some loud shit but the pressure in your head can get too much at times.

Seems like great sativa. Headband when legit can cause this effect. I don't mind it but It may be overwhelming sometimes. Peace.

Last edited:
my guess would be it has nothing to do with teh colour of the green and probably more to do with it being unflushed commercial hydro. product ends up with lots of bag appeal so the growers and sellers don't care they just shovel it off onto the buyers who end up getting undesirable side effects and think something is off with the herb itself.

Probably laced, headaches are quite common with low quality weed

my guess would be it has nothing to do with teh colour of the green and probably more to do with it being unflushed commercial hydro. product ends up with lots of bag appeal so the growers and sellers don't care they just shovel it off onto the buyers who end up getting undesirable side effects and think something is off with the herb itself.

2nd'd

Come on guys, laced? No one laces their weed; it'd be such a waste of anyone's time...
Most likely the side effects are caused by the amount of unflushed product within the herb; especially when you're buying from pushers. Like others said... They'll grow it, and push it, unflushed, cured... You name it. Maybe try a different strain/vendor.

I remember when I was quite low tolerant to thc that extreme buds would give me "pressure in my head", but I found that would only be from burning out or headaches from smoking too much.

Come on guys, laced? No one laces their weed; it'd be such a waste of anyone's time...
What? Most of the weed here in Italy and Europe is laced. They usually lace it to make the weed weigh more or to give it a more appealing and 'natural' appearance

Lace it as in dump it in something toxic or some form of misting to weigh it down? I'm sorry but I think I confused what you mean by laced..
1. is it a concoction sprayed onto the plant to enhance its affect?
Or
2. Is it watered down or soaked with a material to make it heavier?

I have to apologize, I've probably seen both of these in my lifetime, though that was only happening during high school years...

Once I posted a topic about odd white rocks , which were fertilizer or something used to weigh down the bud believe? But it was easily picked off.

And once someone close to me claimed that some buds she had "we're wet" and I THINK it looked tampered with. At least soaked to the stem. ;)

There's a specific type of weed that produces sharp headaches here. It's usually brown but can "look" like hydro at times.

We get alotta dark green stuff down here and i can't say it produces headaches. Horrible highs maybe.

Prob just not flushed right.. Unless its reggie ur smoking then thats why.. But i see alot of medical bud thats rather dark i wldnt say brown but really dark green n it actullay to me seems better than the lime green stuff most the time.. Some of the best shit i had was dark, Had some afghan goo that was nice buds but were dark as green comes n i didnt get a headache also some sour d that was dark once again no headache so i think ur just getting commericaly grown or unproperly flushed/ cured buds. Id look for a new connect if i was you.

Lace it as in dump it in something toxic or some form of misting to weigh it down? I'm sorry but I think I confused what you mean by laced..

Sometimes the dealers lace it to enhance its effects (usually toxic stuff) and also to weigh it down, for example if you get street weed it may be even laced with ammonia or if you're lucky simply water and sugar.
I'm not saying that your weed MUST be laced, but if you get a bad headache there is a possibility. Remember that most dealers are scum.

Last edited:
If the sensation is localized among several different people either the local grower/major supplier is pushing badly cured/flushed plants (most likely grown in very large amounts strictly for money and little care for the quality of product)
OR
You're all just feeding off each other into believing that any dark colored weed is bad.

I say this with a good degree of confidence only because this is not a common side effect (The well known side effects of the marijuana plant that we have used for hundreds of years)

What is your preferred method of intake(Joint, pipe, bong, vape) and what dosage do you usually use?