• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Dark net marketplace Silk Road 'back online'

It will just get busted or taken offline yet again.

This inevitably leads to what can be called a 'whack-a-mole' situation. Even while the first silkroad was down, it was still easy to order narcotics off other sites in the deepweb (Black Market Reloaded being the most reliable).

I have no doubt that the feds are already watching the new silkroad, but I can tell you all with certainty that it's a legitimate place to buy drugs as of this morning.

This whole situation is just a huge fail and waste of money and resources. Silk was taken down by the feds, I believe there were about 5 or 6,000 listings at the time. BMR had about 2 or 3,000. Sheep was pretty much non existent with almost no listings but was open at the time. Now, after the SR take down, BMR has 3 times as many listings as before, Sheep is actually thriving, with thousands of listings though some people refuse to trust it, but it does indeed work. Personally, I would only trust a SR type marketplace as Sheep is a joke. It has been revealed on reddit I believe that the owner of sheep lives in Czech republic, the security on that site should not be trusted, if someone was able to locate the server. At least SR 2.0 encourages everyone to use PGP encryption, and also to use a VPN (that does not keep logs) to connect to TOR before connecting to the site amongst numerous other things. Sheep has something they claim auto-encrypts everything but I would not fucking trust them. The new Silk if anyone is wondering, is up and running just like the old one. Nowhere near as many listings yet but they still have more than 2,000 in less than a month. If you do buy off of Silk, you should use PGP if you do not like the idea of jail. The new SR will definitely at one point, be taken down. But the fact of the matter is, everyone over at Silk Road believes in it, and that it is a idea/concept, and not just a website. Ross was not good with security as we thought, but the new DPR has security as the first concern for the site. The fact that SR is a concept makes it impossible to ever shut down SR permanently as 5 more competitors will always rise up to take its place. Wherever the newest, best place to trade is, the people will follow. Even during the month that the site was down, everyone was still trading as usual through anonymous messaging. Shutting down SR stopped nothing.
@bmwdriver goodluck

TLDR
The old SR had thousands of listings,the competitors were not too popular. Now, since the take down the competitors have thousands of more listings, and another SR has risen that is functioning as normal.

update: After reading a few articles online, I have found out that the admin who was running Sheep ran off with $40,000,000 in bitcoins the other day. I knew SR 2.0 would prove to be superior to sheep in time. Come on, the name was Sheep marketplace for christ sake.

Last edited:
update: After reading a few articles online, I have found out that the admin who was running Sheep ran off with $40,000,000 in bitcoins the other day. I knew SR 2.0 would prove to be superior to sheep in time. Come on, the name was Sheep marketplace for christ sake.
Only time shall tell.

and it's down again, for structural changes... Apparently BMR and Sheep going down - who didn't see that coming - has more or less crashed the new SR.

DPR:
Right now, I like many of you can feel the shock of recent events which are now compounding together. As Sheep has closed and Black Market Reloaded have announced they are also soon to shut down this has put strain on our team unlike anything we've seen before. Tor was not designed to handle services of this size and so this is a network problem, not a Silk Road problem.

We are working on a way around this right now but unfortunately the only way to obtain a realistic impression of how successful our changes will be is to place them into a live testing environment which is something we never usually do, but it is required in these circumstances. Over the next 24 hours there will be a lot of up and down with the market and I can assure you we are working on it so please be patient, these are challenging times for our community and requires us to reach into the unknown of this technology as we scale.

I will make another announcement when we have more news to share.

^ Isn't load balancing pretty much impossible with Tor right now? Curious to see what they come up with.