View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dangers of combining 2C-x drugs with stimulant drugs

AA357

Bluelighter
About 9 hours ago I took 30mg 2C-E with 20mg ritalin. This is NOT a pleasant combination... I've been feeling totally brainfried and pretty crappy/unhealthy all day (I took 2 Somas about an hour ago just to calm down).
Is 2C-E a strong enough reuptake inhibitor of serotonin and norepinphrine for it to cause health problems when combined with stimulant drugs?

I haven't combine 2C-Xs with stimulants, other than other stimulating psychedelics, but I would think the combination could be dangerous. It doesn't sound like something I'd advise anyone to do. I guess your experiment further confirms that.

I used to love combining 2c-I with adderall, and it always left me with a moderate case of dehydration the next day - that's probably all that your experiencing.

bk-2c-b after ethylphenidate turned out bad for me too. Not noticed any lasting problems from it, but it wasn't fun at the time.

Can't speak about pharmacological interactions but I'd imagine the vasoconstriction would be a real issue with these types of combos, which would in turn lead to hypertension to go along with your typical stimulant induced tachycardia.

I thought it was more like some kind of dopamine psychosis thing, completely brain frying & not a good combination at all for me. Then the ethylphenidate wore off & I was OK, just tripping normally.

2C-E is one of the heaviest (bodyload wise) 2C's that I have tried. 30mg is more than my highest dose, which was 25mg and didn't feel the need to up anymore.

I'd be glad there were no medical consequences.

Sparkle Flipping is an MDMA & 2c-e combo, quite a well known combo. I've tried it, albeit at careful dosing (100mg of MDMA in 3 doses & 15mg of 2c-e n two doses) & it was brilliant.

High dose combos are a bad idea though...

I've done 100mg doses of MDMA with 2c-e and again with 2c-b and it was enjoyable both times.
I've not sure about physiological dangers though, tread lightly since 2c-x chems are known to be stimulating and slightly vasoconstricting

I've done MDMA on the come-down of 2c-d experience, and didn't have any issues.

Sparkle Flipping is an MDMA & 2c-e combo, quite a well known combo. I've tried it, albeit at careful dosing (100mg of MDMA in 3 doses & 15mg of 2c-e n two doses) & it was brilliant.

High dose combos are a bad idea though...

Maybe this bad reaction is specific to phenidates.

It was a psychological bad reaction, left me totally dissociated, felt more messy than a big k-hole, I was laid on my bed unable to move, in a totally different world with no idea who or what I was & not in a good way at all. It was only fairly moderate doses too & I did the bk2cb several hours after my last ethylphenidate dose.

Last edited:
《Plasticity》;12990492 said:
Can't speak about pharmacological interactions but I'd imagine the vasoconstriction would be a real issue with these types of combos, which would in turn lead to hypertension to go along with your typical stimulant induced tachycardia.
Makes sense, although vasoconstriction isn't really something I notice at 30mg or less. It starts to become apparent at 35mg+... this is just one of the reasons I take a hot shower every time I trip.

I thought it was more like some kind of dopamine psychosis thing, completely brain frying & not a good combination at all for me. Then the ethylphenidate wore off & I was OK, just tripping normally.
Sounds pretty similar to my trip, except I had to take Soma to feel normal again.

2C-E is one of the heaviest (bodyload wise) 2C's that I have tried. 30mg is more than my highest dose, which was 25mg and didn't feel the need to up anymore.

I'd be glad there were no medical consequences.
I can enjoy 2C-E at 20mg but it's a bit tame at that level. 25mg is usually the minimum I take. 30mg seems to be the sweet spot for me - it's a strong trip but it's versatile and still feels pretty gentle. In my experience with this chemical, higher doses means more euphoria and visuals. 30mg is intensely euphoric and visual but the mindfuck isn't too bad and I can still function pretty well on it... it doesn't blow my head off like 35mg+.

.:Holy::Toast:. said:
I've not sure about physiological dangers though, tread lightly since 2c-x chems are known to be stimulating and slightly vasoconstricting
2C-E feels anything but stimulating to me. I find it very relaxing and in high doses it has a strong hypnotic effect. I took 50mg one evening last year and I'm pretty sure I actually fell asleep for a while during the peak. 4-AcO-DMT and mushrooms also have a similar effect on me but to a lesser degree.
DOM is fairly energetic but LSD is the only psychedelic I have ever taken that actually feels like a stimulant.