• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

dangerous interaction between deet bug spray and chewing tobacco?

d1nach

Bluelighter
I am a extremely heavy chewing tobacco user ie 16 hours a day and I also put on bugspray heavily.

It may have to do with the fact I use dry rolling tobacco not dip so there is no
Water to dilute it but...

I swear when I have trace amonts of deet on my finger tips the tobacco is way faster. Like scary faster. So I tried using like .1 ml of 25% on a tiny peice of a coffee filter microwaved for three seconds just enough to get to like 70 c. And the effects where so extreme I had to spit it out.

Idk if I am imagining things or what but almost instantly I looked in the mirror my jaw was relaxed open, I had a blank stare, trouble recognizing my reflection, dizziness, vertigo like everything spinning, ear ringing, urge to urinate, pupil went from dialated from amphetamine to neutral but shifting, drooling And my veins got big. This is extremely odd because I normally use may more tobacco without effects like this or only after hours of binging. And, I replaced it immediately with the same amount if not more tobacco just plain dry without all those effects. It almost seems like it makes it go from slowly coming on gently to like I got bashed by a rock is this even possible? Im talking deet levels of 25 mg easily accidently contaminating from correct use so id think hered be warnings

Stop putting that shit in your mouth man, even if it's in the name of science. What you're saying could be totally possible. DEET is one of those chemicals that folks have been very concerned about in the past. We have grudgingly accepted it as a mainstay in bug spray as it's so effective and Mosquitoes, as vectors for disease are so dangerous. What do you do that doesn't allow you to wash your hands? Could you not bring a bottle of sanitizer and maybe a bottle of water with you and maybe a wash cloth?

You could give your hands at least a quick rinse off before touching the tobacco and your mouth. I really think you should change up what you're doing somehow. Who knows if the DEET is really causing issues or not, but I don't think it's a crazy idea honestly. It's considered to be toxic.

To clarify I meant one eigth of one tenth of a mL of 25% deet.

But anyway, I could but I use chewing tobacco like every 60 minutes.

I could see how people could be concerned about toxicity I tried to look into it but I couldnt really find anything other than it possibly effecting acetylcholinesterase.

But what really makes me nervous is sunscreen because octocrylene has a cyano acid bond which maybe im just paranoid from hearing so much about cyanide.

I always taste whatever I had just touched when I pop a chew in, I can't stand it lol idk what you got going on though

Lol I learned that the hard way my rooms next to the laundry and I hate when prople use bleach cause I can taste it

i think the most dangerous part is ingesting bug spray? wtf?