• REAGENT TESTING & DRUG CHECKING Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Featured Link 1 Featured Link 2
  • RT&DC Moderators: arrall

Dancesafe?

krazyj

Greenlighter
Hi all,

It seems the opinion on Dancesafe around here is generally pretty negative. I seem to have heard that they send bunk chems, poor quality chems, etc.

Any thoughts on this? If they're really this bad, where else should I look to find a full suite of testing chems? (bonus if they can get to the US quickly. double bonus if I can buy in small quantities/for 1 or 2 tests)

Thanks.

I always loved them…

Until they changed their bottles/supplier. The last two marquis bottles I received from them seemed very old and only lasted maybe 4 months whereas the original glass bottles would last 1 year +.

Why bother even buying 1 test..? It's like $10 for one vial from EZ test and $25 for 100 tests from Dancesafe..

I always recommend DS, they're the best company out there for reagents as far as I'm concerned. I've had their old bottles for over a year now and they still work fine

Why bother even buying 1 test..? It's like $10 for one vial from EZ test and $25 for 100 tests from Dancesafe..

I always recommend DS, they're the best company out there for reagents as far as I'm concerned. I've had their old bottles for over a year now and they still work fine

Yes, which doesn’t help someone who will be purchasing their new bottles :)

A year back they had a vendor tent set up in the electric forest venue, they were handing out straws for snorting, condoms and stuff, and they had test vials for sale, whether you like them or not, i still really like the movement there pursuing, getting a vendor setup was mouth dropping to me, but i guess festival officials said hey why not, its going to be there regardless, why not help people be safe.

you are right for the most part... i purchased about a hundred 2 packs of ez test mecke's and marquis, mainly marquis, but i bought them to sell at festivals, no one wnats to buy a vial of acid, they want to buy a couple one time use glass throwaway tubes.... yes maybe eztest is having you spend more money, but they are some of the only ones who astrayed away from the main dropped idea, and made it a more convenient product for the users that dont use like some of us use. and people who just want convenience and damn is it convenient haha

^ Screw the extra money.. buy some eppendorf tubes online, make sure they are strong enough plastic to contain the acid though. Put a drop of reagent in the vial and snap it shut, ta da, you have a $1 EZ test vial haha

they won't last as long as they get exposed to air, but it will easily span the life of a festival and you can get hundreds of tests for the prices of 2-3 EZ test vials :\

^ Screw the extra money.. buy some eppendorf tubes online, make sure they are strong enough plastic to contain the acid though. Put a drop of reagent in the vial and snap it shut, ta da, you have a $1 EZ test vial haha

they won't last as long as they get exposed to air, but it will easily span the life of a festival and you can get hundreds of tests for the prices of 2-3 EZ test vials :\

Great idea!

you can purchase my kits on ebay (realtimereagents) or directly through my paypal [email protected] for $20 for a 10ml kit.(200 tests!) amber glass bottle, euro dropper, test tube included. I have great bulk discounts as well. 1 for 20 or 3 for 50. let me know if interested.

yes maybe eztest is having you spend more money, but they are some of the only ones who astrayed away from the main dropped idea, and made it a more convenient product for the users that dont use like some of us use. and people who just want convenience and damn is it convenient haha

Thanks for the support ScarecrowPANA! Not to mention our continuous search for new reagents, where others only can imitate, create confusion and follow ;-) (and frankly we're getting tired of giving customer support to other supplier's customers)
@folley: In 1996 we launched our very first version of EZ Test in Eppendorff cups. It did not work, they only stayed good for about a day or 3 and were prone to leak when carried around. Good luck with this idea!

Last edited:
Dancesafe is a viable option, however my opinion is with LuGoJ - the new plastic bottles do not last very long at all. I liked the one realtimereagents sent me

Hi,
I will tell you a little about why we abandoned the bottles as a form of packaging for our tests.
We have been selling our tests since 1996 and we were the first ones ever to make these available to the public. The bottles worked fine until about 5 years ago, when anti-terrorist laws became more stringent, especially the rules about sending chemicals cross-border... This caused massive delays and sometimes the kits wouldn't even make it at all!

Another drawback of the bottles is the fact that they will go off after a certain period, especially when the packaging has a plastic component in it. It is our experience that the quality of the results can't be guaranteed for more than 5-6 months and then the bottle (and the chemicals in it) has to be discarded. This period can even get shorter if the bottle isn't stored under proper conditions. For this reason, we had to have really short distribution lines, we produced more or less on demand and the tests needed to be made frshly for each order and sold quickly to ensure its quality. Otherwise they would go off on the shelves and this caused a tremendous amount of hassle for us...

We did some research among our customers (N=400) and found that on average people used the test for about 6-20 times. Most people use them to look for a reliable source from whom they purchase in larger quantities. What they deemed most important was user-friendliness and shelf life.

We tried to work the results from our research into the new packaging design and ended up with the ampoules. These are filled with a minute amount of reagent, enough for 1 test, which is buffered in granules which form a gel-like substance. This way the liquid can't leak and exempts our tests from hazmat concerns, so no issues at the border! Also, after opening or testing, the liquid will neutralize itself so there are no real environmental concerns either, and the user is not exposed to toxic chemicals and you don't need a plate to do the test. The ampoules are filled and closed under a inert atmosphere, which eleminates shelf life issues. We say they stay good for a minimum of 3 years but that is only because we have to put something on the package. In reality, they don't go off at all...

The drawbacks of the single use tests seem to be the higher costs per test (around € 1.80), when compared with the bottles. However, there's hardly anyone that uses all that liquid.
Compared to the value of the stuff people want to buy we hope the price of a test is reasonable enough. It's less than a beer in a club... So actually, the price per test pretty much the same for the average user, who uses the test for about 20 times before the bottle has to be discarded. With us he gets tests that don't go off at all.

Hoping to have clarified things for you,
EZ Test