• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Dairy killing Opioid high?

supersonic89

Bluelighter
Hello guys.

I don't know if this is very stupid haha. Yesterday I had a dairy binge (ice cream and milk especially) and I could swear my high was affected. I don't know if milk or any protein in it has any component that antagonizes opioids, but it seems to me that it does. So, I read this that made sense to me:

Milk proteins also contain opioid antagonist peptides which suppress the action of opiate agonists and humoral peptides enkephalin.
Source: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/B9781845694142500138

What do you think? Can milk or any dairy food kill a good high?

I've never noticed a difference.
I'll say this though. I've found the same opioids at the same doses have quite significantly different effects many times for no obvious reason.

I've spent plenty of time thinking about it, never found any reason why sometimes it's better and other times it's worse.

I would guess that it's probably not dairy, or it'd be a trick everyone had heard of. And this is actually one I haven't heard before. But I couldn't begin to tell you what the real reason might be.

Nah no way I am a milk addict I chug 4 pinter s of milk I drink it more than water if anything it makes the high better or atleast I am satisfying my milk craving so that is making it better or at least seem better

I’ve heard the opposite. That dairy contains small amounts of casomorphine and even morphine, also casein is said to have opioid like effects. This is why warm milk is an old trick to help one get to sleep.

I’ve pretty much stopped eating dairy but when I do I usually get very tired after and later on a headache. Any antagonistic effects seem to come later on after the sleepy stage has worn off.

-GC

I’ve heard the opposite. That dairy contains small amounts of casomorphine and even morphine, also casein is said to have opioid like effects. This is why warm milk is an old trick to help one get to sleep.

I’ve pretty much stopped eating dairy but when I do I usually get very tired after and later on a headache. Any antagonistic effects seem to come later on after the sleepy stage has worn off.

-GC

Yes, maybe my mind was predisposed and it was a mental thing. Anyway the ice cream was delicious so I have no regrets haha.
But I try not to eat a lot of dairy because my face starts to fill with pimples especially after drinking milk or eating cheese. Yogurt doesn't seem like a problem. Although I prefer almond milk, it's my favorite breakfast with coffee.

Yea even if opioids are slightly less good if you consume dairy. You're not taking my ice cream away and that's final! :D

I already sacrificed cigarettes, the ice cream stays. :(

i was actually told to consume milk to get off overdose from opiates, BUT whats the point now when you can just use narcan. i think it probably helped a bit in the past, but maybe it was placebo ill never know.

i was actually told to consume milk to get off overdose from opiates, BUT whats the point now when you can just use narcan. i think it probably helped a bit in the past, but maybe it was placebo ill never know.

I had read the exactly same thing.