• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Kratom Daily use of Kratom for pain management and the problem of building a tolerance quickly.

RoaminW

Bluelighter
I use Kratom daily. I read about the tolerance happening rather quickly before I started taking it. The bottle said a recommended dose of four caplets so that’s what I started with and it really did work great! I then quickly moved to 5, then 6, then 7, etc.. I’ve noticed that if I go a day or two without it, it will once again work a bit better for a couple of days. My questions are these.
1) How much do some of you take at a time?
2) Do you take it more than once a day?
3) Is there some sort of vitamin, etc., that I can take to keep my tolerance from building up so much, or to make a smaller amount work better?
4) What’s the most that can be taken safely, in your estimation?

I don't take it for pain. I take it for relief of mild anxiety and mild depression. Both un-diagnosed. Have always had a touch of anxiety and a touch of depression. Neither is severe enough to be on benzos or SSRI's. I've been taking kratom for this for about 3 years. Every day.......no breaks. And apparently I am an anomaly because it still works. I have increased my dose over the years though. This is how i take it:

3.5 grams in the AM upon awakening ( 5 am ) 7 capsules

3.5 grams at roughly 9 am.

4 grams at 2 pm

4 grams at 5 pm

7 grams at bedtime 9 pm

22 grams total in 5 doses.

On especially stressful days I will add another 4 gram dose in there somewhere but not very often. So....26 max per day.

It treats my ailments and I am totally functional on it. No slurring words, no stumbling about, no pawning and selling my things, no shady dealers, no waiting for product and no need to hide that I consume it. Win win for me all around.

For maybe 4 years I dosed kratom daily 4 to 5 times. Started at half a gram doses ended at 2g doses. I went as high as 4g but this seemed to do no more than the 2g dose. I tapered off quickly and had no issues the few times I put it aside. Or maybe just felt off for a couple days.
I was taking it, aleve, phenibut every 3 days, pregabalin every couple days, weed everyday and maybe an oxy once in a while for general back/neck issues, aches, pains and anxieties.
I gave everything up for one substance which seems to tackle my "issues" as an AIO as taking multiple substances seemed to be taking a toll on me physically and was getting to be a PITA to dose what on which day at what time.
As with any substance the more one ingests the harder the comedown (withdrawal) will be if/when it runs out or one wishes to get off of.
I must admit, though, that I miss the hell out of that morning dose before my coffee.
Be safe and hope something posted above by NR or here is helpful.
There are many threads on kratom on bluelight just have to do some research.
Best

3) Is there some sort of vitamin, etc., that I can take to keep my tolerance from building up so much, or to make a smaller amount work better
I would recommend black seed oil for this purpose. It doesn't directly reduce tolerance (only taking a break from kratom can do this), but it helps you feel your dose a bit more so you can take less kratom or skip a dose and therefor reduce tolerance.

Kratom is overall quite safe and there is no real danger of overdose. You would vomit your stomach contents 100 times over before you approached a dangerous overdose.

The only danger in taking too much are some quite intense side effects, namely intense nausea, dizziness, eye wiggles, inability to balance, tremors, etc. Uncomfortable, but not dangerous.

I would say once you start taking 12g+ in a single dose, or 20g+ total in a day, you will begin to have significant side effects especially if you aren't highly tolerant.

There is a saying with kratom "less is more" which is quite true.

Taking more than 10g every day for long periods will ultimately lead to addiction and physical dependence. Under 10g per day doesn't seem to produce much physical dependence, if at all.

I'm not going to mention how much kratom I used to use per day because it was reckless and led to severe withdrawals when I stopped.

Less IS more!

I use Kratom daily. I read about the tolerance happening rather quickly before I started taking it. The bottle said a recommended dose of four caplets so that’s what I started with and it really did work great! I then quickly moved to 5, then 6, then 7, etc.. I’ve noticed that if I go a day or two without it, it will once again work a bit better for a couple of days. My questions are these.
3) Is there some sort of vitamin, etc., that I can take to keep my tolerance from building up so much, or to make a smaller amount work better?
3/ 4 x 3 grams a day ( years back).

There is ime no tolerance build up once you are past your first few doses. Watch those first few as they can get quite nauseating.

If you stay awake long enough, or take some stimulant sure you can take more. Probably also those that can acquire powerful anti-histaminergic's OTC. But there is no point. Kratom has a ceiling and a window. You can only take so much for so much time and then your forced to stop for a while. My experience, YMMV.

I’m going to try a nighttime dose tonight as I’m not sleeping well. I’m out of melatonin and benzos at the moment and I need to wait until I get paid to get those. I’d be delighted if Kratom could help me sleep.

I’m currently using:

5g - whenever I wake up
5g - 5-6 hours after my first dose

ive taken kratom daily for at least half a year and just remembered that i didnt had to go up with the dose.

1) i always took around 5g of green indo during this half year, not the best strain but effects were sufficient.

2) always took this dose once daily, usually in the evening. this might be the reason why really no tolerance buildup was noticable. not even a little bit, always the same dose and no diminished effects.

3) they always praise a low dose of dxm as helpful to reduce opioid tolerance, think i also read it when the topic was reducing amphetamine tolerance. cannot really say if this helps, never tried it but i doubt that this will help much when you are a heavy high dose user.

4) the most kratom that is safe to take daily? this varies greatly. id say i am a normal user when it comes to opioids, never used them daily except for this half year on kratom and o-dmt. but standard dose for kratom is around 5g, you can redose if you want and i think a total of 10g daily is possible for the usual user without a (i think i have to call it this way) slightly abnormal brain chemistry. when it comes to opioids many people exaggerate their dosing extremely. some here take something like 25g for one dose, or 3x15g daily. i couldnt do this. my max dose is 7g at once, couldnt take more than 10-12g in a day, more would be too hard for me. the biggest daily consumption of kratom was 130g, this is clearly just wasteful but what can you say? opioid users, junky style.

there was a funny word an german drug forum member and daily opioid user invented for these people: opioten.

I took it daily for 3 years straight before recently (partner and I want to have a baby, therefore necessitating I taper down and remain off for a significant chunk of time.) To answer questions 1 and 2, I never increased my dose, remained at 2g in the morning and a possible 2g afternoon dose for years. High pain days would call for a dose of extract, but, in order to not completely ruin my tolerance, I would take 1/4th the recommended serving size (I used Hush softgels, which are 3-4 pills for 1 serving; I would just take them one at a time, on an as-needed basis.) My regimen continued to work at the same effectiveness this entire time. But then again, please keep in mind that I almost never felt “high” from it. That wasn’t the point; the point is pain relief/anxiety and depression relief, and it was effective for that at the same dosage for years, just as if it were a prescription. But just like with prescriptions, one’s reactions to substances is a highly individual thing, and this is why tolerance breaks are recommended if one continues to use kratom daily.

To answer your third question, Agmatine has been known to reduce tolerance for kratom. Simply take it half an hour before you dose, and you’ll find that your kratom has a better effect.

For question number 4, I can’t say what the safest maximum dose might be, but I know people who take 50-60 grams a day, if they are to be believed (I’m on a bunch of kratom subreddits so I can’t vouch for the accuracy of these reports but some people have stated that they do extremely excessive amounts!) They usually go on Reddit looking for answers to questions like “why can’t I poop” 🤣🤣🤣

ive taken kratom daily for at least half a year and just remembered that i didnt had to go up with the dose.

1) i always took around 5g of green indo during this half year, not the best strain but effects were sufficient.

2) always took this dose once daily, usually in the evening. this might be the reason why really no tolerance buildup was noticable. not even a little bit, always the same dose and no diminished effects.

3) they always praise a low dose of dxm as helpful to reduce opioid tolerance, think i also read it when the topic was reducing amphetamine tolerance. cannot really say if this helps, never tried it but i doubt that this will help much when you are a heavy high dose user.

4) the most kratom that is safe to take daily? this varies greatly. id say i am a normal user when it comes to opioids, never used them daily except for this half year on kratom and o-dmt. but standard dose for kratom is around 5g, you can redose if you want and i think a total of 10g daily is possible for the usual user without a (i think i have to call it this way) slightly abnormal brain chemistry. when it comes to opioids many people exaggerate their dosing extremely. some here take something like 25g for one dose, or 3x15g daily. i couldnt do this. my max dose is 7g at once, couldnt take more than 10-12g in a day, more would be too hard for me. the biggest daily consumption of kratom was 130g, this is clearly just wasteful but what can you say? opioid users, junky style.

there was a funny word an german drug forum member and daily opioid user invented for these people: opioten.
Great info, thanks!

Reactions: izo
I don't take it for pain. I take it for relief of mild anxiety and mild depression. Both un-diagnosed. Have always had a touch of anxiety and a touch of depression. Neither is severe enough to be on benzos or SSRI's. I've been taking kratom for this for about 3 years. Every day.......no breaks. And apparently I am an anomaly because it still works. I have increased my dose over the years though. This is how i take it:

3.5 grams in the AM upon awakening ( 5 am ) 7 capsules

3.5 grams at roughly 9 am.

4 grams at 2 pm

4 grams at 5 pm

7 grams at bedtime 9 pm

22 grams total in 5 doses.

On especially stressful days I will add another 4 gram dose in there somewhere but not very often. So....26 max per day.

It treats my ailments and I am totally functional on it. No slurring words, no stumbling about, no pawning and selling my things, no shady dealers, no waiting for product and no need to hide that I consume it. Win win for me all around.
Wow, that’s quite a bit. I only take once per day, in the morning. If I take it after lunch sometime, it interferes with the effectiveness of my Temazapam at night. I’ll either not fall asleep, or be forced to take more and then run out early. I’ve noticed this same problem when I do need, and get, a compliment of pain pills. I guess it’s just the way I’m wired.

For maybe 4 years I dosed kratom daily 4 to 5 times. Started at half a gram doses ended at 2g doses. I went as high as 4g but this seemed to do no more than the 2g dose. I tapered off quickly and had no issues the few times I put it aside. Or maybe just felt off for a couple days.
I was taking it, aleve, phenibut every 3 days, pregabalin every couple days, weed everyday and maybe an oxy once in a while for general back/neck issues, aches, pains and anxieties.
I gave everything up for one substance which seems to tackle my "issues" as an AIO as taking multiple substances seemed to be taking a toll on me physically and was getting to be a PITA to dose what on which day at what time.
As with any substance the more one ingests the harder the comedown (withdrawal) will be if/when it runs out or one wishes to get off of.
I must admit, though, that I miss the hell out of that morning dose before my coffee.
Be safe and hope something posted above by NR or here is helpful.
There are many threads on kratom on bluelight just have to do some research.
Best
Thanks! Can you fill my inadequate knowledge of things like AIO and PITA? I have no idea what those mean. 😎

Kratom developes tolerance very quickly.nothin' can do....must stop it for a while to reset your tolerance or just stickin' on some low dose around 10g daily without feel nothin'.. just to not be in withdrawl.....that's a problem of short actin' drugs-a quick developing of tolerance issues and in result-larger doses

Last edited:
Wow, that’s quite a bit. I only take once per day, in the morning. If I take it after lunch sometime, it interferes with the effectiveness of my Temazapam at night. I’ll either not fall asleep, or be forced to take more and then run out early. I’ve noticed this same problem when I do need, and get, a compliment of pain pills. I guess it’s just the way I’m wired.
Yeah, it does sound like a lot but I don't ingest any other drugs at all ( minus caffeine and nicotine ) . So no benzos, pain pills, AD's, AP's no meds at all.

So I use it for anxiety, depression pain and what have you whereas others use scripted meds for these things.

Kratom developes tolerance very quickly.nothin' can do....must stop it for a while to reset your tolerance or just stickin' on some low dose around 10g daily without feel nothin'

over here no tolerance developement as said. and 10g is not low dose, for me its on the high end. full dose is around 5g. thats pretty normal. the usual kratom shops deliver measuring spoons that give 6g of kratom powder not without a reason. 5-6g are a full dose, enough for normal people to have a nice full opioid high for 6-8hours...

if you need more then you are out of the norm, i dont know why 15-25g per dose is not normal. maybe some deleveopement of perma tolerance of some kind through previous abuse of larger amounts of opioids. not sure but i think thats it. some people need always more when it comes to certain drugs but with opioids its so frequently. i so often read that people are taking 300-400mg tramadol for example. a full dose for me has always been 50-70mg. from 90mg on i would suffer hard side effects that would become unbearable and i would be dead from even less than 200mg. i never abused opioids, maybe thats the point.

Obvious u are more in some speed shits.U aren't old junkie...that's why dose from 5-6g daily fits u

Obvious u are more in some speed shits.U aren't old junkie...that's why dose from 5-6g daily fits u
I'm an former junky. Personally I feel like 8g-10g is a "full dose".

5g leaves me wanting more.

But I don't really recommend that to an average person. I feel like 5g is proper for most people.

Kratom developes tolerance very quickly.nothin' can do....must stop it for a while to reset your tolerance or just stickin' on some low dose around 10g daily without feel nothin'.. just to not be in withdrawl.....that's a problem of short actin' drugs-a quick developing of tolerance issues and in result-larger doses
That’s pretty much what I do. 👍