• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

daily or suspended injection dosing of antipsychotics and ingestion of psychedelics

whynaught

Bluelighter
Im on my tablet so I can't copy paste and link the science behind the receptors but there is DANGER behind combining psychedelics with antipsychotics. I took 4 hits of 1p-lsd and am currently being stairstepped off haldol injections and for 8 hours straight my heartrate was going like I was jogging and sweating bad. The haldol killed the trip completely even at 4 hits and added physical side effects

If you're on anti-psychotics you should not be taking psychedelics or any illegal drugs as these will simply make your mental illness worse.

I don't have mental illness anymore it was all ethylphenidate and methoxetamine's fault

If you're on anti-psychotics you should not be taking psychedelics or any illegal drugs as these will simply make your mental illness worse.

I understand your concern and it's legitimate, but in order for one to come to this realization it's going to be AFTER their diagnosis. And after another 5, 10, 20, maybe even 40 trips before they've hit "rock bottom" and don't want to trip anymore. Tripping with mental illness isn't going to send you to a mental hospital for life, especially if you're on meds. And it's certainly not going to kill you to take psychedelics on an anti-psychotic. But it will deteriorate your health and increase anxiety, maybe make for a paranoid trip (moreso true with weed than hallucinogens).

Let me just say my experiences with hallucinogens. I've done shrooms 20 times, acid 20 times, mescaline once and DMT a couple times. I'm diagnosed schizo-affective. When I was diagnosed I had only tripped acid 9 times....so the other 30+ trips were after I was diagnosed. As a result now I take abilify 20 mg a day instead of needing only maybe 5 mg a day. And I have more anxiety than I've ever had. My onset was previous to the 9 times I tripped acid initially and I needed those trips to gain clarity and understanding of the universe....previously I was so zonked out in my own fantasy world. I believe psychedelics have great benefits for mentally ill people, but at the same time there's a breaking point where you can't do it anymore, and negatives.

I love my life now. It is enriched, I am a productive member of society, despite tripping almost 50 times with schizo-affective disorder. I certainly can't trip anymore. So I'm definitely not DISAGREEING with you, or you making your post. And it's good you're putting the words into people with psychotic illnesses heads that they shouldn't trip, but ultimately it's gotta come from them. When they realize they can't trip anymore. I recently tripped .8 grams of penis envy after not tripping for a year...and I'm so glad I only did .8 grams. It was my final trip. And it was a good one. I tripped BALLS considering how little I took, and it was a great trip, but it increased my anxiety a little bit. So it was my epiphany, my shining moment...."I can't do this anymore". The meds can only do so much. And if I were to take 10 grams of shrooms right now....the rest of my life would be miserable...but fortunately I came to my epiphany on a .8 gram shroom trip.

I hope you feel me and understand where I'm coming from. I don't think you can truly understand the benefits of psychedelics or the negatives, for if you're mentally ill unless of course you're mentally ill. So I'm trying to explain what I experienced the best I can and hope someone can get something out of my post. That you're probably not gonna end up dead or something off one shrooms trip, but there's a breaking point. One can only tolerate so much psychosis..........so take your meds. If the acid and shrooms god's allow you to have a good trip on your meds like they did to me, then so be it maybe. But you're not gonna convince anyone to stop taking hallucinogens just because they take haldol or abilify or zyprexa. It's gonna come from themselves. Which happened for me finally. At the perfect time. I sometimes think God is watching out for me though, idk if everyones as fortunate. /End of rant

Be careful. Be safe everyone.

You don't understand. This thread is about my experience with haldol and 1p-lsd combination. What you should be getting out of this is these combinations, ime, produced PHYSICAL symptoms and extreme discomfort and im not talking bad trip discomfort im talking pacing till your feet hurt then toss around in bed bugs under your skin feeling

I did 10 grams of ethylphenidate within a month 5 grams at a time and I have schizophrenia. Im not one to look down on mentally ill drug users cause I am one

Its up in the air. Im diagnosed schizophrenic but require no medication, or Atleast soon I will be on no medication. Im symptom free and almost off the shot who knows maybe it was the drugs changing my brain for months

Not everyone who is on antipsychotics is insane. I take them for mild irritability and have had no issues with psychedelics or any other drugs.

Not everyone who is on antipsychotics is insane. I take them for mild irritability and have had no issues with psychedelics or any other drugs.

Most people who take anti-psychotics do so to treat psychosis. So it is a fair assumption to make that stopping meds and taking up psychedelics is dangerous for those users. Perhaps if you take psychedelics or cease your medication, you will be okay, but the majority of people who do that will suffer because the majority use anti-psychotics for psychosis. Your own situation is totally different because you use them for "mild irritability"*. I think you should refrain from generalising based on your experiences.

*which seems crazy to me (pun intended).