• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Daily heroin user having skin problems /abcesses

Beepbopboop

Greenlighter
I have been doing heroin daily for six years now but in the last year I have been having issues with accesses forming.. Usually I would only occasionally get them when I would miss a shot in that specific area but not I find my lower fore arms having a lot of lumps on them usually at the site of injection but this may or may not be from a miss... Sometimes it's just from where I injected. The lumps don't form until a day or two later and they are not usually very big, only if I actually miss.. But if not it will just usually be a small lump that will eventually have a small whitehead at the surface of it that will have clear or orangish red brown or cloudy red Pus come out of it... When I miss a shot, depending on the dope and what it's cut with is what determines how big or bad the abcess is and what comes out of it... I usually don't actually miss a whole shot and even if I do the dope I have been getting is very pure so it won't have a gnarly abcess from it but last year it was every time I missed even a little bit and they would even have a putrid odor resembling rotten eggs or shit... When I get them now it doesn't smell... I'm thinking whatever cutting agent is in it is what makes some abcesses worse than others.... But I wanted to know what would be causing me to have small lumps erupt on my skin at the injection site whenever I am not even missing... Also I have noticed that whenever I take showers and I get out to dry Off my white towel will be dark brown ish Grey on the spiots where I have scrubbed myself dry. I'm not dirty I bathe daily... I am not on the streets so I don't know where this dirt is coming from... I am a smoker maybe it's that? Or does heroin cause some kind of toxic dirt to seep out of your pores? What is something I can do besides stopping injecting that can prevent this

Ceasing heroin use would be the first choice

Buuut
You gotta use other ROAs because you're going to feel like trash always
wearing long sleeves during summer to cover up the track marks and ruined veins.