• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

CYP450 Potentiator Question!

kaylf1016

Greenlighter
Hi ya'll!

So, I have read that the -azole class of antifungal drugs is an extremely potent CYP450 inhibitor, thus one would would think it therefore is an opiate potentiator. Even my pharmacist warned me of mixing this with my Rx oxy and highly recommended that I reduce my dosage as it increases blood concentration levels. This excited me in that my Rx allotment is extremely minimal and I already had been seeking out the best ways to stretch it as I do indeed have an unfortunate tolerance.

Tried this combo today, and much to my dismay, I actually felt a DECREASE in effects of my daily dosage (and if anything, only an increase in the not so fun side effects such as histamine and irritability). Needless to say, I'm not happy about this. I read somewhere on a forum that though CYP450 inhibitors may increase blood levels and leave the drug in your system longer - that they, on the other side, reduce the amounts of feel-good metabolites? Does anyone know anything about this? As a newbie to potentiators (I've only tried DXM thus far, which also didn't do shit), what should I try next?? I've read about Tagamet but it seems that operates on CYP450 as well? Is my body just weird? Kind of really determined to feel this stuff again without having to go through extreme measures to get more.
Thanks so much for any insight!!

(Note: it's straight oxy, no APAP)

Usually the warnings doctors give about lowering your dose is just a precaution. With something like oxycodone that already has a very high oral bioavailability i don't think you'll notice that big of a difference. It might increase the duration since i'm pretty sure CYP450 is responsible for converting oxycodone into its inactive metabolite noroxycodone. I doubt it will increase the peak concentrations, maybe just extend the peak.

I have very little knowledge in this area so take all of that with a grain of salt. ?Lorne is one of our members that knows quite a bit about this stuff, i'm sure they will have some insightful information if they find this post.