• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Cymbalta and Heroin and Cocaine and Lyrica

Mananas

Bluelighter
Hello,

Are there dangers to taking Cymbalta and Lyrica at the same time with Coke and Heroin?

Also, will taking Cymbalta reduce my euphoria of Coke and Heroin?

Mananas how are you?

I was prescribed Cymbalta for depression associated with chronic pain, don't know how it interacts but it did work very well for me.

Yes. There are a lot of dangers associated with the drugs that you've mentioned. SNRI's may or may not blunt the subjective effects of other drugs in the same way that SSRI's do, but there's no hard evidence that I possess that makes evident why this might be. The Duloxetine (Cymbalta) and Pregabalin (Lyrica) are probably not anything to worry about. What you do need to worry about is the fact that you're using Heroin and Cocaine concurrently.

The dangers of Cocaine and Heroin use are pretty well-known and documented, but if you're unaware, I'll give you a brief, illustrated tour, a la Osmosis Jones. Heroin is a relatively non-toxic substance and doesn't contain nor produce any directly harmful metabolites. The primary danger with Heroin or any other Opioid is going to be death by acute total respiratory depression. Basically, so long as you don't overshoot and kill yourself, you will not be harmed by Heroin. It takes diligence, responsibility and a decent relationship with your suppliers to reach anything close to peace of mind with Opioids, especially ones acquired from the street.

Cocaine is a different beast. It's acutely toxic to the body, especially the cardiovascular system. Cocaine puts a great deal of stress on your heart and circulatory system, which can of course develop into full blown cardiological events like Myocardial Infarction. The more likely scenario, however, is that continued use of Cocaine will slowly erode your health under your nose, at a rate that is not as easily distinguishable as a heart attack. Just like Alcohol, you're far more likely to feel totally fine until the MD's inform you that you are totally, utterly fucked.

This brings us to our final query, what are the issues concerned specifically with concurrent usage of both Heroin and Cocaine. Firstly, if you're using Heroin and Cocaine simultaneously, especially by the IV route, colloquially known as a speedball, there are clear and immediate dangers to be aware of. Cocaine, acting as a central nervous system stimulant, can in fact, keep your heart ticking and your lungs breathing even after taking a lethal dosage of Opioids. The problem is, when the Cocaine wears off, the sedative effects of the Opioids can easily lead to death. The addictive nature of the two substances often leads to complete loss of control, escalating dosages and with that, danger.

It's extremely dangerous and not recommended to be using both Heroin and Cocaine simultaneously. We've discussed in various capacities what it means and what it takes to be a functional Opioid addict. We've talked about walking that fine line and what it means to be "functional". I've argued that it is indeed possible to be a functional Opioid addict and still have "a life" as we like to say. Using Cocaine in addition to an Opioid habit is a one-way ticket to unfunctionality and descent into an abyss of spontaneous and uncontrolled intake of said drugs.