View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Cyclobenzaprine and Psychedelics

cosmic charlie

Bluelight Crew
I would like to know if its safe to take flexeril and psychedelic drugs. The ones that I use most often are Mescaline, Mushrooms and LSD. I take the medication at night to help me sleep and relieve back tension. I've been off it for awhile but started taking it again recently.

If anyone could help explain I'd be grateful.
Thank you,

~Charlie

I believe it's perfectly safe, no interactions.

Thanks bud, just concerned of Serotonin Syndrome.
But it seems like this isn't a risk. I believe if something was I'd of felt it by now. After having some light cases ot SS in the past im trying to be more careful from here on out. That stuff is no joke. This medicine sort of has weird interactions with stuff so i wanted to be sure.

Thanks for the re-assurance.
Much appreciated.

Last edited:
It should be fine unless the psychedelic hoy are using also has MAOI activity. So if you are using synthetic mescaline you should be fine, but some cacti, such a bridgesii, contain naturally ocurring MAOI compounds. Im not sure if San Pedro does, but dont think so.

Apparently serotonin releasers should be avoided at all costs if you are taking cyclobenzaprine daily. The later seems to increase risk for serotonin syndrome. It also has a stupidly long half life.

I dont think it would be an issue with other psychedelics. I have taken cyclobenzaprine at the tail end of a 3CP trip with no issue at all.

Thankfully it's San Pedro but I definitely should have looked this up ahead of time. I feel okay though and the trip has gone wonderfully. Maybe I should stop taking the flexeril completely though because i plan on using this cactus frequently this year.

Id taken 10mgs of the cyclobenzaprine last night around midnight. I'm mainly using it as a sleep aid so I'm just gonna look for other alternatives while im exploring cacti.

I'm growing some Bridgesii so I will definetly avoid it with that one. I've mixed it with mushrooms in the past and didnt have any issues, but like you said these cactus contain other compounds so I will be more careful.

I'm not feeling any of those SS symptoms. So im just gonna be more careful from here out regardless though. I'm in love with cactus, it's so beautiful.

Last edited: