• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Cyclizine (Mareine) vs Hydroxyzine (Atarax)

ChemicallyEnhanced

Bluelighter
Okay, I am currently prescribed Cyclizine and am seriously considering asking my doctor to prescribe my Hydroxyzine.
The Cyclizine is for "positional vertigo" (ie I asked for it because it's the best AH to potentiate opiates according to the novel Trainspotting and a lot of users I have spoken to.
My anxiety had been worse than usual lately and I really need something to take the edge off but I have a history of benodiazapine AND barbiturate misuse on my record so there's no way in hell I'm getting anything like that and I have heard a LOT of positive things about Hydroxyzine for anxiety.

I doubt my doctor will keep me on two prescription-only anti-histamines so I'm asking you guys if you have to chose one of them...? Has anyone experienced both?
Which is better for anxiety? Is there much difference in the opioid/benzo potentiate?

I was thinking maybe of asking to try Hydroxyzine and then using something OTC like Chlorphenamine/Chlorpheniramine (which I actually already do lol)?

Adjunct question: which anti-histamine is most sedating in your opinion?

Last edited:
I prefer hydroxyzine, although I never used it for anxiety, it simply isn't strong IMO to handle my situation or personal problems. I really do need benzos. But I think hydroxyzine is slightly more sedating but the difference isn't that big.

Hydroxyzine may have very low anticholinergic effects and weak effects at serotonin receptors 5 ht2a i believe. Both may be antihistamines . And cyclizine is a anticholinergic but i dont know if it effects 5ht2a receptor

So, i think the differences are slight but signific and looking into what those receptors do might help you make a choice.