• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Cyclizine DRASTICALLY increasing the potenty of opiates?

markanders7

Bluelighter
I have been addicted to opiates since I was given OxyContin for acute pancreatitis 5 years ago. My opiate tolerance differs a lot as my meds change (morphine, oxycodone, fentanyl, codeine, methadone) so I can't account for tolerance in this, but mine is quite low right now I think. I currently take 750mg of Tramadol and 288mg Dihydrocodeine a day, treating myself to an OC80 a few times a week.

So I was reading the novel "Trainspotting" and at the end a character mentions that he is buying Cyclizine from cancer patients (for whom it's prescribed for severe nausea) because combining it with his Methadone gave him an amazing high.
I decided to try this myself and got my Doctor to prescribe Cyclizine to me.

And OMG. I take 150-200mg Tramadol at a time. Taking just 100-150mg of Cyclizine with it literally DOUBLED the high. If not trebled.
This also has an accumulative affect and as I take the Tramadol and Cyclizine every 4 hours or so, I end up nodding by the evening.

Does Cyclizine work for all opiates? And does anyone else have experience with it?

750 mg of tramadol can kill you due to tramadol lowering the seizure treshhold. Everything over 300-400 mg can induce seizures, so never take more than that!

Cyclizine seems to work at least for methadone as well.

Don't take too much cyclizine, it's an anticholinergic after all and can induce hallucinations

I took 40 tramadol and had no ill effects with 60mg oxycodone my tolerance to oxy was around that aswell I also mixed with cyclizine 100mg 40mg diazepam tried to top myself just slept for 18hours at hospital, i was on sodium valporate 200mg at time though.
YES CYCLIZINE IS AWESOME, can't take my opiates without it now no nausea or sickness and resally adds to the euphoria and nod don't take too many as can make you dos tupid things out of character.

Cyclizine is a simple histamine antagonist and muscarinic acetylcholine antagonism. Which a similar but not identical chemical structure to diphenhydramine.

Cyclizine works by preventing opiates from increasing histamine which causes nausea, vomiting, flushing, and is generally associated with a reduced reinforcement to a drug. By reducing negatives it makes the positives much more desirable

Also muscarinic antagonism increases the muscle relaxation, decreases thinking, and creates a general blank feeling

I don't know where you're located but if you're in the states you could have saved a trip to the doctor as cyclizine is available OTC. It's the active ingredient in Dramamine 2 or used to be if I remember correctly.

I'm in the UK, it's a Prescription Only Medication here. I get all my meds for free, though, so it's not like a wasted expence.
However you can get Promethazine, Doxylamine and Diphenhydramine OTC as sleep-aids. I used to get s bottle of 600 x 25mg Diphenhydramine for £13.95.

Just dont take a bunch unlike amphetamine, cocaine, or opiates. The positive effects are not dose dependent. I take low doses of benadyrl to potentiate amphetamine by reducing flushing and nausea via nearly identical mechanisms. High doses just ruin your day.

Why not just switch to another opioid instead ?

I snort Oxy on and off. I get paid fortnightly and buy 14 OC40's, but they last less than a week so I dont get a tolerance due to taking a week off from them every other week.

The main reason to don't switch opiates is because of how expensive Opiates are. I get Tramadol and Dihydrocodeine for free on prescription.
I was prescribed OC40's and 10mg roxies a few years back, but was switched to Methadone when my doctor found out I was abusing them. That is actually became addicted to opiates, starting with a legit oxy prescription.
^The methadone I was on 60mg for over two years but I quit cold turkey in January 2016.

Wouldn't you get other opiates for free on prescription if you had a prescription? Isn't that how NHS works?

The point is that keppra has serious side effects and is not worth taking just so you can take 2x the safe dose of Tramadol. If you have seizures independently that's different.

Wouldn't you get other opiates for free on prescription if you had a prescription? Isn't that how NHS works?

The point is that keppra has serious side effects and is not worth taking just so you can take 2x the safe dose of Tramadol. If you have seizures independently that's different.

I am on Keppra for epilepsy, I just take a double-dose if Im planning on using like 12-16 Trams in one evening.

I was prescribed oxycodone and developed a serious addiction. My doctor found out and switched me to methadone. After a couple years I quit the methadone cold turkey.
Because of my history of opiate abuse my doctor is extremely careful with what he prescribes me.
And even so, you can't just GET things prescribed. If i go in and ask for some oxy or morphine sulphate he'shardly gona just give me it.

just go back on methadone before you hurt yourself with shitty opiates and anti nausea meds etc..

you cant get cyclizine otc in the us since they stopped making it a few years ago, meclazine is everywhere