• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

"Cyclic α,N,N-Trimethyltryptamine"?

Mjäll

Bluelighter

Looking at this compound (or base αMT, or α-N-DMT), it seems like an additional ring structure could be formed between the α-methyl and the indole 4-position carbon. This would result in a 3-ring structure common to ergolines. Ostensibly a mid-way between 2-ring tryptamines and 4-ring ergolines.

Does anyone know if such a 3-ring indole is possible? Has it been tried? Do you think it would work?

My intuition goes tail-wag. I've been wrong before, of course.

I may be drawing the molecule later just for fun and easy reference. For now, i think the concept is clear enough.

Looking at this compound (or base αMT, or α-N-DMT), it seems like an additional ring structure could be formed between the α-methyl and the indole 4-position carbon. This would result in a 3-ring structure common to ergolines. Ostensibly a mid-way between 2-ring tryptamines and 4-ring ergolines.

Does anyone know if such a 3-ring indole is possible? Has it been tried? Do you think it would work?
There's a short trip report on a Swiss forum. Apparently someone took approximately 1.6 miligrams and experienced an acid-like come-up followed by a peak that felt more like DMT but with enhanced libido and very intense sedation (they fell asleep on a park bench minutes after hitting the peak). While tripsitting others they noted that people would first fall into a fitful sleep, then get up and sleepwalk to the fridge, then fall into a deeper slumber with REM sleep.

All in all their verdict was that it "lacked spiritual potential" and was more of a "(date-?) rape thing" that probably shouldn't be sold to the general public.

I have only second-hand experience with RU-28306. a friend of mine took somewhere around 1mg and had a
very uncomfortable experience.. light psychedlic effects along with heavy sedation, nausea and
a general uncomfortable feeling.. His description of the experience was that he poisened himself in the name of science!
The material at hand was genuine RU-28306 confirmed by NMR spectroscopy.
In regards to NDTDI I have personally tried 5mg and did not get more than light threshold tryptamine kind of effects..
Again the material at hand underwent NMR spectroscopy and turned out to be pure..

See also:

See also:

Great, just the reply i was looking for! Thanks

Thanks, these tripreports don’t sound That fruitful though.

The plain primary amine version (no N methyl groups) is reported as being psychoactive, but no details of dosage (this is a 40 year old memory, from when I was a very inquisitive student)

Nice to see F&B is back with us.

I know some of what occurred and so I know that it's amazing to see them back.

The plain primary amine version (no N methyl groups) is reported as being psychoactive, but no details of dosage (this is a 40 year old memory, from when I was a very inquisitive student)

No recollection of a name, i suppose?

your problem is going to be getting anything onto the 4th position of the benzene ring and also the attaching of a leaving group on the methyl group of the alkyl chain.

halogenate the methyl group will kill the alkene and therefore the indole.

you will want thallium salts for the 4 position insertion highly toxic and expensive though can be sourced as IR crystals for FTIR as thalium bromide

you would be better doing this through a fisher indole synth.

Last edited:
your problem is going to be getting anything onto the 4th position of the benzene ring and also the attaching of a leaving group on the methyl group of the alkyl chain.

halogenate the methyl group will kill the alkene and therefore the indole.

you will want thallium salts for the 4 position insertion highly toxic and expensive though can be sourced as IR crystals for FTIR as thalium bromide

you would be better doing this through a fisher indole synth.

Just to be clear, all of this is above my level of chemistry, and i'm merely asking out of consumer curiosity. It is very interesting for the thread nevertheless. Thanks!

possible then but I would not start from that compound but rather make it from scratch.

as for SARS thats well beyond me :) ie what will happen when you eat it.

Last edited: