• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

CWE problems

fermonos

Bluelighter
Done a codeine extraction, filtered numerous of times but it doesn't seem to get less clear. It's got no bits in whatsoever but the water is not very clear. About 50% opaque.

Will it be safe? I used 30x500/8 tablets so I'm aware it was a huge dose of APAP, so need to know. Can upload a picture if you guys need?

What are you using as a filter?
Generally you want your extraction to be almost completely clear, but sometimes.. with certain brands of tablets there's binders & things that dissolve and make it through.

It'll be helpful for you to know the maths here if you don't already.
The solubility of Paracetamol in cold (10C) water is roughly 1gr/70ml.. it follows that you want to use as little water as possible.

An extract made with 70ml of cold water will always be 'safe' when properly filtered.
If you aren't filtering the extraction effectively, there could potentially be huge amounts of undissolved paracetamol in your extract.

I'm not sure what tablets you extracted from but with Nurofen Plus (12.8 codeine / 500 ibuprofen) the extracted solution is never clear no matter how many times you filter it, 50% opaque sounds about right. As BrassEye said, the cloudiness of the solution can be down to the binder used in the tablets. The solution should trickle through the filter quite fast after the initial run through if it's filtered properly and not leave any residue on the filter. Doubling up with the filters is always a good idea too as it makes the filter stronger and less likely to rip.

Evaporating the water and weighing the resulting powder is a good way to gauge how much is being filtered out. CWE seems to work efficiently with some brands, not so well with others. Sometimes the solution appears cloudy, but it's only a small amount of filler.

As long as you filter well and don't use too much water, it should be okay.

Evaporating the water and weighing the resulting powder is a good way to gauge how much is being filtered out. CWE seems to work efficiently with some brands, not so well with others. Sometimes the solution appears cloudy, but it's only a small amount of filler.

As long as you filter well and don't use too much water, it should be okay.

I think Kaden has a pretty reasonable idea, but it's gonna be difficult to determine exactly what you have going on in your solution OP. At least you could use the total weight as a benchmark and if something seems wildly out of whack, then you can reexamine the situation.