• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids CWE issues

Flowerpotman

Bluelighter
Can?t seem to find it any more. Just wanted to post some personal research findings and alert people that some U.K. cocodamol brands are putting in extra materials into the pills. The resulting mixture from Superdrug?s own brand produces a slight yellow but very cloudy liquid. I have measured the remaining gunk and found 15 grams of the stuff. I am still to run the same measurements on a more clear CWE but from eyeballing it there is a similar amount of waste material. This is a very excellent method of harm reduction: weigh the remaining junk! You won?t get 100% APAP and codeine separation but you at least want the junk to weigh almost the same as the calculated APAP content. Just make sure you weigh it dry.

Its something im interested in as I have a dodgy liver so I?m opting to be extra careful with my CWEs and figure others might be interested too. That is all.

Next steps; measure clear CWE using traditional scales. Potentially get a more precise scale.

Hmm. I know it's currently being revamped, version 2.0 being shipped; possibly some delays due to a typhoon in the southeast Pacific affecting delivery of parts to the manufacturer. Please excuse our mess, CalTrans: your tax dollars at work.

Slightly trimmed original back in place, shiny new one held up in customs but Scrof is most correct that it's in the post!

People, APAP is NOT THAT A LETHAL- I don't know what a "dodgy" liver is, unless it avoids you when it owes you money/meds;

However lesss than a gram of APAP is harmless to the liver; Actually, apap - Tylenol generic - actually isn't what causes problems with the liver; it produces a metabolite in excess doses that is hepatotoxic

A quarter gram is benign, a simple CWE and it's fine-clarify the techniques, by all means, though just pointing out, people worry maybe a bit too much about small doses of APAP at times (we're talkin basically sub therapeutic doses)

And you can reduce Basotho-q something, thought that is for another place + Oh 15 grams is a lot, though what matters is solubility; as long as it can't dissolve more, you are ok; if you got 5% of 15 grams it would be just dandy; weighing it just seems extreme

I'm not a fan of NAPQI in general and with all the drinkers out there why not avoid if at all possible. I need all of my enzymey goodness for glucuronides and demethylating anyways so yeah, I'll leave last century's non-opiod pk along with the other excipients I don't need at the bottom of the container I wash it in. Yes I luv to run & play but I'll go finish my book report and let this black eye of a thread slide off the page.

I don't know what a "dodgy" liver is . . . if you got 5% of 15 grams it would be just dandy; weighing it just seems extreme

See, our dodgy advice, in the face of extreme situations, is really harm reduction. And some of us are dandies. No one ever said anything about harm elimination, that's Ms. Duggle's line of work.

I've had a feeling for a while, possibly just gas, that there's a bimodal harmful APAP dose. There's so much of this shit everywhere, that the sheer number of more routine, less-than-lethal overdoses of APAP are drowning out a special population that sees acute mortality closer to 2 grams.

I mean, imagine if 0.1% of the population has some kind of double rare SNP in APAPogenase, such that the all-by-itself, healthy-liver lethal APAP dose for half of them is 2 grams in one hour. That might get discovered a lot faster if people didn't routinely wash down 6 grams of APAP combo meds with more Nyquil.

But there is that occasional case report of someone keeling over after a gram. Sure, they're usually babies, so not really strapping adults. But how far-fetched is it for someone at Johnson&Johnson to compare a recall to deferred class-action costs, then recommend flooding the market with the murder weapon?

I know, the cost would be way less than they stood to make from just flooding the market with their product anyway. I'm serious about the bimodal toxic dose, though.

Can?t seem to find it any more. Just wanted to post some personal research findings and alert people that some U.K. cocodamol brands are putting in extra materials into the pills. The resulting mixture from Superdrug?s own brand produces a slight yellow but very cloudy liquid. I have measured the remaining gunk and found 15 grams of the stuff. I am still to run the same measurements on a more clear CWE but from eyeballing it there is a similar amount of waste material. This is a very excellent method of harm reduction: weigh the remaining junk! You won?t get 100% APAP and codeine separation but you at least want the junk to weigh almost the same as the calculated APAP content. Just make sure you weigh it dry.

Its something im interested in as I have a dodgy liver so I?m opting to be extra careful with my CWEs and figure others might be interested too. That is all.

Next steps; measure clear CWE using traditional scales. Potentially get a more precise scale.

if you have a dodgy liver you could switch to Boot's Codeine/Aspirin. They dissolve very easily and leave a clear solution. Not that ODing on Aspirin would be too great either. Just be careful, and if in doubt don't drink it

See, our dodgy advice, in the face of extreme situations, is really harm reduction. And some of us are dandies. No one ever said anything about harm elimination, that's Ms. Duggle's line of work.

I've had a feeling for a while, possibly just gas, that there's a bimodal harmful APAP dose. There's so much of this shit everywhere, that the sheer number of more routine, less-than-lethal overdoses of APAP are drowning out a special population that sees acute mortality closer to 2 grams.

I mean, imagine if 0.1% of the population has some kind of double rare SNP in APAPogenase, such that the all-by-itself, healthy-liver lethal APAP dose for half of them is 2 grams in one hour. That might get discovered a lot faster if people didn't routinely wash down 6 grams of APAP combo meds with more Nyquil.

But there is that occasional case report of someone keeling over after a gram. Sure, they're usually babies, so not really strapping adults. But how far-fetched is it for someone at Johnson&Johnson to compare a recall to deferred class-action costs, then recommend flooding the market with the murder weapon?

I know, the cost would be way less than they stood to make from just flooding the market with their product anyway. I'm serious about the bimodal toxic dose, though.

Dandy was a misprint, although someone who once knew ????? as Scrofula seems to prefer, did a presumably proper CWE on at least 20 generic loracet 10mg tablets,which had about 5/8ths of a gram of APAP per pop, so over a dozen grams, and they still ended up with too much Tylenol and eventually puked-he was a drinker, not alcoholic or anything(well not dependency) though still, it drives Jekly?s point in a way
750mg, is pretty close to the cutoff(well what cutoff that seems reasonable to me, though personally would prefer avoiding even that dose(1.5 of the modern day ?extra strength? tablets, or a single CR tablet, as they oddly have Tylenol Cr formulations now)

It was mainly directed towards people who insist on NSAID combo products, because they are afraid that less than a tablet or half a tablet is going to hurt they?re liver, when they admit to not having liver disease or even confirm any form of impairment

NAAPQI isn?t produced, or we are talking negligible amounts in subtheraputic doses, that?s all am really trying to say, and that Ibuprofen and others have thwy?re Own set of risks, and with Ibuprofen a gram is more likely to cause stomach bleeding vs a single gram of apap doing anything to the liver

CWE is fairly simple and with apap easy onceyou try and pick and try technique; of course Tylenol should be minimized, harm elimination isn?t possible- and Scrofula, if you don?t already know, the history of Tylenol?s toxic precursors and the discovery of ?safe? apap, twice, would drive you crazy- apap isn?t even a very good analgesic by non-narcotic standards, and has no anti-inflammatory properties, an anti-pyrrhic seems it?s main use-though people at some point need to be responsible and check ingredients and not combine apap containing products, of course the gov could actually regulate it, though that would make sense, so we can?t have that-like actually treating addicys, making needle exchanges and ORT widely available and affordable, we do that, and next thing ya know? they want freakin world peace. People and they?re wanting healthy livers-Like those pansexual non-aim stream religious people wanting equality. It?s insanity!!!!!!!!!!!!??!!!!!

if you have a dodgy liver you could switch to Boot's Codeine/Aspirin. They dissolve very easily and leave a clear solution. Not that ODing on Aspirin would be too great either. Just be careful, and if in doubt don't drink it
Hey good idea. Never tried codeine and aspirin. Shouldn?t you eat something first though? Wouldn?t that reduce the effectiveness of the codeine?