• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

CWE gone wrong? Help

Hesse Hermann

Greenlighter
I know this is not a medical advice forum or anything but i dont want to call ambulance for nothing as its probably fine. I did a CWE on dihydrocodeine which i have done quite a few times, I also had a couple nefopam and a couple spoons of kratom. Im feeling quite nauseas and a bit dizzy, im worried the paracetamol didnt filter properly. Its probably just cos ive had a bit much. roughly 120mg dihydroc, warm water, in the freezer till cold, used coffee filters. Doesnt seem to be enough gunk left over in th efilters which is why im worried. Was about an hour and a half ago. Should I be ringing the ambulance?
I ate quite a large meal not long after, and i just made myself sick which was quite hard for some reason though I feel a little better.
sorry for this post i know its stupid

Normally I would say to call the ambulance if you think you are ODing but I am a bit confused. You are stating that you think you took too much APAP (Paracetamol or acetaminophen) if that is the case do you know the total amount that was contained in the starting material? Then we can at least get an accurate amount to see how "bad it was"

call an ambulance or go to your nearest ER better safe than sorry bud

Hey sorry thanks so much for replies. I made myself sick and felt a bit better. Ill just run thru it in case u wanna know, still a bit worried.
Took 120mgs of dihydrocodeine which is 16 pills with 8gs of APAP, put into warm water (as drugs-forum manual suggests though i have now been told that I shouldnt do that), had 2 nefopam (i think 60mgs), and a couple spoons of kratom (which i normally have a high tolerance to). Put Dihydro in freezer until cold, then filtered through coffee filters. Ate a meal about half an hour later. About half an hour to an hour after felt v dizzy and nauseas, then eventually made myself sick (could see kratom come up -soz) and felt a bit better, just quite lean but in a good way i suppose. this morning I still feel pretty lean which is odd as dihydro normally seems to last hardly any time and the amount of kratom i took was pretty small, I normally would need quite a bit to be f'ed off it and ive had a fair amount of codeine and dihydro in last week. Still a bit worried I hsould be going to hospital. though functioning today so probably fine. Sorry for this thread I know its stupid i just dont want to go to a hospital if its nothing and i felt I had time to ask if people thought i should be going.
thanks for advice!

You are benefited by a few things. The first being the fact your body is resilient so you can reverse any damage done, provided its not terrible, your liver will regenerate. The second is that I don't believe that to be a fatal dose of APAP.

The other nice thing is you can very easily say "I think I took too much APAP" to a doctor and you shouldn't get questioned at all. It is such a common medication that you can easily claim you had a head ache then your (whatever) hurt, so you took more and your mother made you worried your going to die. All it takes is a blood test and you'll know how much damage you did.

I would say your boarder line. I would think you'll be fine but because of how common APAP is and how easily your situation could be explained away you have no reason not to see a doctor. Save the not going and possibly dying for more questionable behavior in the future, now is not the time to not see a doctor :)

For future reference, you can usually tell how much APAP you're going to ingest if you've done the same procedure before with most of the aspects being constant. For example, if you always used 100 ml of water which sat in the fridge for a few hours, then filtered to get a very faintly milky solution (always good to take note of how much liquid you are left with after every filtration), then basically the only difference in APAP content of the solution is the "milkiness" (aka how well you can see through it, the harder it is to do so the more suspended APAP you have); ideally you should have almost perfectly clear solution with a faint white tint if you use coffee filters. Also, check for smaller floating (or at the bottom) chunks. If there is none, there is no reason to believe you're going to ingest significantly more APAP than your previous times (if you cooled the solution enough, that is). Even if something goes wrong or you're worried, filter it again. In that case you pretty much eliminate any possibility if you know what you're doing.

OP, this isn't a stupid question at all. You're dealing with material that could be potentially very harmful to your body, so you're doing the right thing by at least reaching out. You say that you've performed CWE's in the past, so does that mean that you're fairly comfortable with the process? The only thing that made you question your work was the relative lack of gunk (the unwanted parts) after the reaction?

Now, 8g of APAP is nothing to sneeze at, it's very bad for your body in such high amounts, all in one sitting. I am, however, assuming that you at the very least performed a partial filtration of your material and probably didn't end up ingesting the entire 8g. Either way, this isn't the type of risk you want to be taking with your body.

You will most likely be fine, but as I've said and you already know, APAP is pretty toxic in high amounts. The only way that you can be totally sure that you didn't make a serious mistake is by going to the hospital.