• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids CWE codeine

dudunabo2002

Greenlighter
So, Im opiate-naive (only done 100mg tramadol once), and today I CWEd 4 pills of codeine/APAP and (120mg codeine in total) and felt just a little relaxed, barely noticeable. Is something wrong with me?

The same thing happened to me recently. I CWEd 5 30mg pills and didnt feel anything at all. I might have missed up with the CWE, but this most likely didnt happen

Codeine is metabolized into morphine by your liver, some people are just naturally poor metabolizers so the effects of codeine vary greatly from person to person.

Codeine is metabolized into morphine by your liver, some people are just naturally poor metabolizers so the effects of codeine vary greatly from person to person.

Is having a fast metabolism related to this?

As far as I'm aware no it's not because of a fast metabolism. It's just one enzyme that's responsible, and as far as I'm aware it's just random that you find someone who's a poor metabolizer. At the same time I believe there's a small number of people are the opposite of this, so they would metabolize a much greater amount. In the UK codeine was used in children with severe coughs (I'm not sure what condition, but it would be severe for them to prescribe an opiate to a child) but the guidelines were changed so that morphine was given instead. Although morphine is far stronger, it is actually safer due to not being able to predict if someone is a poor/super metabolizer.

well you cant expect this method of home chemistry to work 100% correctly, judging by the fact that you only used 4 pills it could be why you didnt experience pronounced effects. There are alot of variables doing CWE and i would only use it for low codeine dose pills around 10mg, as things like filter you use and how fine you crush up your pills etc. 1-2grams of paracetamol in a single dose is not dangerous its a very normal dose in a hospital setting although if this happens everyday you will start to see some liver damage.

Me personally I would just take 2-3 of the pills normally so that you get all of the chemical. You must realise what alot of people dont know that codeine isn't that great, it is what it is and nothing more. Opiates have a high and no higher high, other opiates like hydrocodone would be of more use recreationally to you, if the codeine still falls short. Personally i find weed codeine to potentiate each other as sometimes you have to find the codeine high, by deeply breathing or laying down on your back.