• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Cutting Suboxone film properly?

Man67

Bluelighter
I am on 8mg film at the moment, with a goal to go down to 4mg for the maintenance dose. I have to do it slowly and reduce it by 1/2mg per day. That's a bit tricky because it is 1/16 of my dose. How to be precise and what is the best way to cut it? Scissors, blade, knife....?

I’ve been cutting these things into teeny tiny pieces for years. It’s actually a skill that takes learning. I cut pieces as small as .0625mg or 1/128th of a strip.

You want a straight edge, scissors miss almost every time even when you get good. I use fresh razors, the ones with a point so I can see better. I then cut on a piece of leather as it holds it in place, this piece of leather is my wallet. Expect to fuck up the piece of leather.

Oh and most importantly. Fold each time before cutting until you get down to .25 pieces, from there eyeball. They are very easy to fold perfectly in half, then you’ve got a guide line. Every time I try to cut without one I miss by a little more often than not.

Even with all this expect a little variation at times. Just the more accurate the better. I’ve had plenty of times where I miss on a couple cuts cuz I’m fucked up or whatever. Say you cut half a little off, then quarters off, then 1/8ths off, before you know it you’ve got huge variations.

-GC

I found a scale helpful with these.

It seems as though all 8mg strips weigh precisely 50mg, thus a ratio of 1mg of buprenorphine to 6.25mg of total mass.

Note, I've only played around with these strips a somewhat limited number of times, but each time, every strip weighed 50mg (on a high end mg scale).

Is there no reliable way to dose these volumetrically due to the means of administration? Should be a way.

I’ve been cutting these things into teeny tiny pieces for years. It’s actually a skill that takes learning. I cut pieces as small as .0625mg or 1/128th of a strip.

You want a straight edge, scissors miss almost every time even when you get good. I use fresh razors, the ones with a point so I can see better. I then cut on a piece of leather as it holds it in place, this piece of leather is my wallet. Expect to fuck up the piece of leather.

Oh and most importantly. Fold each time before cutting until you get down to .25 pieces, from there eyeball. They are very easy to fold perfectly in half, then you’ve got a guide line. Every time I try to cut without one I miss by a little more often than not.

Even with all this expect a little variation at times. Just the more accurate the better. I’ve had plenty of times where I miss on a couple cuts cuz I’m fucked up or whatever. Say you cut half a little off, then quarters off, then 1/8ths off, before you know it you’ve got huge variations.

-GC
Thanks mate. This is really helpful.

-GC
How would u cut 2mg film if u take 60mg oxy occasionally and wanna try it im in a place full of rulers and fresh razors.