• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Need Help Cut Off From Methadone Clinic

Chellebellex0

Greenlighter
So I’ve been going to the Methadone Clinic for a little over 8 months, I’m on 110mg a day. I live in New Jersey, I had Medicaid but they cut me off about 2 months ago. Needless to say the clinic finally caught on & are sick of my excuses (although they’re not really excuses, it’s the truth). I’m still in the process of trying to get Medicaid again but it’s not looking good as of now. So basically if I don’t bring my account current by Monday they won’t dose me anymore. I don’t know what to do, there’s no way I’m gonna come up with over $600 by Monday. I’ve called multiple detox facilities, addiction hotlines, etc. & nobody will take me because they say my dose is too high. I just keep hitting walls. I need suggestions. I don’t want to relapse, I don’t want to get high so if that’s what you were gonna suggest PLEASE DONT. Any advice or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Fuuuuck I know rules and regulations are different state by state...110mgs isn’t too high so I feel badly your not in AZ bc they dose hiiiiiigh af and getting you in elsewhere wouldn’t be a problem. Keep calling around- keep a list of the names and numbers you’ve already called so you don’t waste time calling them again— and I’ll be hoping this workout for you. Sincerely. Methadone sucks to come off of the way they’re going to force you to do :( lemme know however I can help . Also. Not sure if you’d be open to this but sometimes benzodiazepines, like klonopin and Xanax and Ativan, can really help stave off any withdrawal feelings. At least for heroin w/d’s

I was thrown-off programs a couple times, and they'd step me down 5-10 mgs a day to 0. I have to think there's legal help for that; the UN wouldn't allow that, but, of course, NJ would. Seriously, try the ACLU or a law school nearby; that should be illegal. Last time it happened to me, I now remember I stopped going about 25-30 mgs and just sweated through it. Sux, but WD just happened to me again a month ago; not fatal, just unpleasant.