• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Current Meth Tolerance Prevention Info Needed

PsycheMe

Greenlighter
When I left off 10+ years back, the popular and exciting hypotheses were centered around NDMA antagonists. It seemed to me that magnesium was the best bet. Has any progress been made with any of these antagonists and/or other new findings? Looking for real science, not anecdotes. I'll be venturing over into the realm of peer viewed papers, but I'd like to get a start here - as I'm sure you guys are all over this. Thank you.

meth is horrible , but yeah magnesium is one way to help your tolerance.... marijuana has been shown to reduce tolerance to amphetamines, also I used to drink a bottle of robitussin (330 mgs of DXM) when I was off amphetamines, and after the DXM when i went back to the amphetamines they always felt bran new, as if i'd never had a dose before.

330mg of DXM at one time? That's quite a hefty dosage. I'm not so sure it's the DXM, or the time off that resulted in your DA reset. What was the period of time that you were off before you started again?

3-4 days.... it works, you trip out on DXM, then a day or two later , take your speed and its stronger

This sounds like brilliant back-alley science. Probably no peer-reviewed papers on this method, however - maybe I will see to that, if indeed it works. Thank you motiv311.

Just a side note, you probably need two bottles of DXM to experience a noticeable psychedelic effect and that effect would not be a pleasant one as it is with LSD or mushrooms. Poor man's high is never worth while, however, it becomes tempting if indeed we are resetting DA.

Last edited:
One could argue that position on DXM lol... Its worth a shot, a few weeks back I robotripped post-binge and a few days later noticed a much better tweak. Never really noticed, but looking back it makes sense aha