• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Current medication, any suggestions for a anxiety decrease ?

Beaverbuster

Greenlighter
I currently take
160mg of geodon at night
Lithium 300mg at night
Trazadone 50mg at night
Busiprone 15mg at morning and 3pm
Gabapentin 800mg 3x a day

Diagnosed with cyclothymia and as far as i can tell all these meds just help me sleep better at night.

Just to make sure I have this correct, you are taking these medications and are wondering how to decrease anxiety right?

Here we cannot offer reccomendations as to which drugs to take, because on here nobody is a medical professional. But have you tried medications in the past? That is quite a list of sedatives and depressants. I can see how some of those would cause an uptick in anxiety though, I have full blown panic attacks from trazadone and brainzaps from buspirone.

What have you tried to help anxiety previously?

Yeah I kind of want to talk to my psychiatrist soon and tell her what i want to change and what i want to try so i was just wondering if you had suggestions for a medication change as i feel depressed and anxious still. Sober for just about two months now.

Just to make sure I have this correct, you are taking these medications and are wondering how to decrease anxiety right?

Here we cannot offer reccomendations as to which drugs to take, because on here nobody is a medical professional. But have you tried medications in the past? That is quite a list of sedatives and depressants. I can see how some of those would cause an uptick in anxiety though, I have full blown panic attacks from trazadone and brainzaps from buspirone.

What have you tried to help anxiety previously?
I have tried so many different things its hard to remember now. The only thing that has worked thus far is benzos.

^Yeah, gaba-ergics are the only sure-fire way to kill anxiety in a pinch imo. I'll never forget the time I was on 5 hits AL-LAD and starting to panic over a freak weather event, and took 10mg diazepam... sooooo mellow, so quickly.

They're also the worst class of drugs to get tied up in addiction wise, sudden cessation can be lethal due to risk of seizures, so I expect with everything you're already on OP, your doctor will be VERY reticent to prescribe a benzodiazepine.