• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Curious why there were no bad side effects

pretzels

Greenlighter
Firstly, I have my experience to share. Secondly, I have some questions.

It was a few weeks ago and it was my first time with MDMA.

I went to a 3-day rave festival with some new friends. It turned out they had some E pills. Until that time I had no experience with drugs (except for marijuana a few times) and I was actually quite opposed to any sort of chemical drugs. Some of these friends are med students and we had a conversation where they explained to me exactly what MDMA does to your brain, what are the pros/cons and how to do it responsibly. Although sceptical, I trusted them and agreed to try it out.

We had small white pills without any logo I think.

Night 1:

Popped a pill around midnight. Half an hour later, no change. At this time my friends were already rolling hard. Another 15 minutes. No change. I had huge expectations about this... One hour passed. Still nothing. Started getting pretty nervous: "When the fuck will it hit me? Maybe I'm immune to this shit?". While watching my friends being the happiest people on planet, dancing their asses off, constantly hugging me and telling me how awesome I am, I felt kind of uncomfortable.

But after another 20 minutes, it finally got me. I realized it the second when the powerful kickdrums and basslines started after the intro melody of the song it was currently playing (This song, at 2:04. I will never forget this.).

It felt like rush of thousand rainbows and countless holy water waterfalls embracing me while I travel through milky way. Dancing wild as a mad man and smooth as a ballerina. The pain caused by my back injury didn't exist anymore. I felt as light as a feather. Focused like a monk. Never in my wildest dreams I did I think it was possible to be in such state. My friends were very happy that it started working for me. Then I felt an extreme desire to mingle, chat and meet people. I was hovering all over the place, dancing and talking to everyone. Some didn't really want to chat, but with some other people I had such immense conversations I felt like a king of all debate clubs. This was incredible for me especially because I'm an introvert and often too shy to start a conversation. I kept telling my friends how unbelievably amazing this stuff is. We partied till 6 AM, went back to our hotel room and slept like a baby. I woke up and spent the next day without any kind of hungover! Amazing!

Night 2:

Popped another pill. Everything was basically the same as the night before. Partied all night, slept like a champ, no comedown, no hangover.

Night 3:

Third and the last night of the festival. Of course I had another pill, around midnight. Reached the same amount of euphoria as the nights before. Everything was pure bliss. It was around 5AM and we went to the after party. We all took another pill. After some time my friends got tired and went home, but not me...I was still the ultimate techno viking smashing the dance floor like there's no tomorrow. I went home when I couldn't move my feet anymore, that was around 11 AM. After I woke up, I still didn't feel any side effects. No hangover, no nothing. Incredible.

The first few days after this 3-day party I had very mixed feelings. Very happy because of nice flashbacks and sad at the same time because it was all over and I realized I will never enjoy a party so much without this drug. I think I was still under the influence because I was very nice to everybody and my confidence was boosted. There wasn't any depression or really bad mood.

My friends who are more experienced said this wasn't really a potent pill. We didn't had any supplements, just lots of beer.

And now for the questions:

1. Everyone is talking about jaw clenching side effect. I was expecting it, but it didn't happen at all. How come?
2. I read a lot about strong comedowns and very bad mood the days after. I also didn't experience any of that. Did it not happen to me because it was my first time?
3. Is it very wrong to do MDMA multiple days in a row like I did it? I plan to do it again (at a weekend festival), but that's more than 5 months away. I read about some really nasty, terrible comedowns from users who took the drug multiple days in row... but my life pretty much got moving forward without any hiccups.

From what I read most people have significantly diminished effects by the third day, so what you may have taken may not have been MDMA at all. As someone who is MDMA naive you could have easily taken a different substance. There are a lot of drugs out there that mimic the supposed effects of MDMA, like methylone, which is known to be a lot like MDMA without the intensity/magic. You'll never know what you took though unless you test it with a reagent test kit, which I highly recommend if you decide to continue to use MDMA in the future. There are far too many research chemicals and dirty cuts out there and if you have any concern for your health and safety you should test your gear.

For you questions:

1. Some people don't suffer from jaw clench, but most people do from my experience, so perhaps you're one of the lucky ones.

2. My first time didn't involve a comedown at all, but I also only did it for that one night. You either lucked out or did not take MDMA.

3. I couldn't tell you if it was right or wrong, but it's definitely not a smart thing to do. If what you took was MDMA I wouldn't push your luck next time as you could suffer from some of those really nasty, terrible comedowns that you read about. MDMA is a known neurotoxin and multiple days of that is not healthy for your brain. Your brain needs time to replenish your serotonin, which a lot of is released when doing MDMA, and serotonin is associated with mood, sleep, sex, and appetite among many other things. Most people say take a minimum break of at least 1 month between rolls, which is fine as long as every break isn't one month. 3-4 months breaks are optimal, 2 months isn't too bad.

It's the first time you (likely) meet with MDMA.
Please test your product, don't underestimate this, never consume a tiny pill without testing (it's dead serious if you care your health).
Anyway, I still remember when the comeup from mdma hit me, it was playing Sander Van Doorn - Koko (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6e9jQKgK2Bs :p

Zalo answered your questions perfectly, first few times there's not any comedowns cuz you're new.
Just stick with the 6 rules of using mdma have fun. (don't roll multiple days, it's a invitation for side effects)

1. Everyone is talking about jaw clenching side effect. I was expecting it, but it didn't happen at all. How come?
2. I read a lot about strong comedowns and very bad mood the days after. I also didn't experience any of that. Did it not happen to me because it was my first time?
3. Is it very wrong to do MDMA multiple days in a row like I did it? I plan to do it again (at a weekend festival), but that's more than 5 months away. I read about some really nasty, terrible comedowns from users who took the drug multiple days in row... but my life pretty much got moving forward without any hiccups.

1. it's different for everyone and gets worse with repeated use. i do it like a madman, but my first time i was too high to even notice :D
2. same as above. this time i'm in the lucky camp who didn't get any of that for my first 15 or so experiences. (expect the one time where i took 7 pills in one night. don't do that)
3. yes, absolutely. it doesn't give your body time to regenerate and fucks with your tolerance/(magic). if you care about your health and want the effects to stay as good as they were then don't ever do it again. that said, i basically did exactly the same thing as you my first time :D, with the difference that the effects were becoming weaker every day, but effects on consecutive days is again something that varies a lot between people.