L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Curious to see other peoples opinion

King Of Hearts

Greenlighter
I was curious to see what other people's opinions are. And to vent a little as well.

I have been with my Girlfriend for almost a year now. Both of us have been married before. She was married once, and I was married twice. We do have a bit of difference in our age, but it's never really been an issue at all. Anyway, we met online totally by accident but clicked immediately. Both of us felt an amazing connection right from the start just in our messages. I was in the middle of separating from my wife, I had already been seeing someone else for a few months, but that relationship if you even want to call it that, was going nowhere. The woman I was seeing I found out that she was also seeing other guys while she was working out of town. She had an account on POF I found out, so I created one for myself to see what it looked like. It was that account that led me to my GF, She stumbled across mine, I was not even looking to be honest, but we began to speak. We talked mostly about how our current partners were treating us like crap, but as we spoke it became very clear that we had a great deal in common. I felt as if she could be my soulmate, and to my surprise she actually said it first, before we even had met in person. It was amazing in every sense of the word. We finally did meet one day after a few months of talking, and all I can say is wow! You sometimes hear the expression love at first sight, but OMFG, I have never felt so attracted to anyone like I did with her. And it was mutual, again she was the first one to say exactly what I was thinking. We spent many weekends together, had a lot of fun. One particular weekend we spent was a three day weekend over memorial day. It was wonderful , and we were both in love, deeply too. She and I talked about living together, so I took her around to look at houses which was a lot of fun. And all the while we grew deeper in love. It was the greatest feeling I have ever felt.

We did move in together while we were waiting for our new house to be ready, it was about a month after memorial day. Anyway, one day she and her daughter got into a fight, and her daughter told me that I was a fool , that her mom was not what she appeared to be. She basically told me her mom had been dating another guy while she was seeing me. I wrote it off as the daughter just trying to be mean to her mom. But then her daughter sent me copies of her mom's text messages. And although I did not see any blatant things from her, the guy she was talking to was coming on quite strong with her, even asking for her address which my GF gave her. The messages by the way were from before we moved in together.

I was devastated to say the least, and ready to move out. I found out they had actually gone golfing and drinking together, the day after our nice long weekend. I had even spent the evening with her the day before, and listened to her tell me that she loved me more than anything. We had a talk, she told me that it was an old co worker of hers, and she only met him to discuss her former employer. I told her of the message contents, he was telling her things like talking a hot shower, massages, and could not wait to hit some balls with her. I honestly think he was trying to get a piece of ass, it was very clear to me. She is a very nice looking lady by the way. She told me she id not tell me about the golf date because she did not want me to misunderstand it. When I heard that, I asked her how she would feel if I had gone out golfing and drinking with another woman and did not tell her about it. She cried and told me she loved me dearly. When I asked her daughter about it, her daughter said her mom wanted to go out with someone else to see if she really cared about me the way she thought. I half believe that, and that is what I would like to hear other peoples opinion on. I do not doubt that she did not sleep with that guy, but even if she did it does not matter to me anymore. We were starting out, and maybe she really did need to see for herself. I know she loves me with all her heart..as I do her. I actually got engaged to her this Christmas. But I would like to hear what other peoples opinions are. What would you have done? And what would you have believed?

It sounds like you need to be cautious. Try to trust her and don't go your whole relationship constantly expecting the worst from her, but see where it leads. If you guys truly love each other, talk to her about needing complete transparency, honesty, and communication.
I can kind of see where she's coming from, saying that she wanted to figure out if she truly loved you. I have Borderline Personality Disorder and 'fall in love' with everyone who treats me kindly, only to find out later that the feelings weren't actually feelings, and just a disordered attachment. Maybe she experiences something similar and wanted to be sure that she's not just infatuated. There's not a whole lot to do aside from communicate and wait.