• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Curious of Gabapentin MG

Revulse

Greenlighter
I'm new to this forum so bare with me please.. So I'm prescribed gabapentin and I've taken 13,200mg today and I feel perfectly fine and relaxed.. But I was wondering if that's a very unsafe dosage or how much a person can handle without anything bad happening.

Uhhh is this your first dose ever? Or one of your first 5-10 doses? I know tolerance grows but bro 13 grams .... I just picked up 20 grams thought that I'm stocked and set lol started taking 1.8 grams a day goes by quickly

Well i've been taking it for a few weeks now, I'm prescribed 1800mg a day. So it really doesn't do much for me, I have a lot of anxiety. I just wasnt sure if that was a lot or not, I read that they were able to dose about 8000mg/ per kg of weight without overdose, and i think I read about people taking 50g at a time and when you overdose its more of just a sedation effect. I don't know lol.

If 3.2mg dont do anything for u there's nothing u can do but take a break. Ur taking an obcene dose of gabapentin. Your body cant absorb all that. You're shitting it all out. More than 5g and just the side effects increase... U wont get any higher.

I'm new to this forum so bare with me please.. So I'm prescribed gabapentin and I've taken 13,200mg today and I feel perfectly fine and relaxed.. But I was wondering if that's a very unsafe dosage or how much a person can handle without anything bad happening.

Holy shit! And I thought I was the queen of gaba!! Damn!!

Alright thank you chase. I'm gonna go back to my normal dose of 1800 a day

not dick sizing, but i've taken 90x 300mg over the course of 12hours. you'll be fine

I was prescribed three 300mg tablets of gabapentin each day. So, I was taking 900mg per day. To be honest, I stopped taking them, because it did not help my pain at all. I really don't have nerve pain (so maybe that is why). I told my doc, to stop giving me the script........on a side note, my 80-year-old mother takes 100mgs each day, and she said "it is a life saver for her." And, she takes just one capsule at nighttime. I guess everybody is different !

now that i think about it, 900mg really helped when one of my rotten teeth was acting up bad. if i take it now i don't go higher than a couple grams, and effects are certainly not like they once were. shits kinda like ibuprofin to me now.

when i ate the whole bottle mentioned in the previous post, i was in the honeymoon phase of neurontin/lyrica, and was tripping my fucking balls off on the shit, eating a bottle of each in a day or two once a month for 2 or 3 months... however now, no matter how much i take, it doesnt feel the way it used to at all. i've taken months long breaks and tolerance has never reset one bit. fortunately it will still eliminate opiate withdrawal in large amounts for me, but still, not the trippy MDMA+GHB feeling of the early days

Yes that is a horrendous dose of gabapentin. The way the stuff works is you can only absorb up to a certain amount of the drug before the calcium channels in which produce the feel good effects get saturated and no matter how much more you take it is pointless. I guess the best way to take it and find out what amount is best is the stacking effect. For instance, taking 600mg every hour until desired effects are reached, then that is the dose for you.

Yes, with this drug tolerance is very quickly achieved, I found it best to take once, maybe twice a week and not back to back days to avoid it.

I personally only use it if I am struggling in opiate withdrawal, as it works pretty well in high doses for that.

In the past I have also ran into dependency on this shit, if taken everyday for a while there can be a withdrawal syndrome, varying in severity. I noticed the worst being in doses higher than 3000mg every day. It is compared to a benzo WD I hear, though I have never experienced benzo WD. I can't validify that, it's just well documented.

It's not the calcium channels that produce the recreational effects of gabapentin; it's its effects on GABA and potassium channels that do.

I always found that the best way to stagger it was taking 300 - 400mg every 20 - 30min. Waiting longer to dose, like 45min to an hour, is unnecessary, in my opinion and kind of wasteful because by the time you start getting effects from the drug - which usually takes a couple of hours - you start bypassing the half - life of the earlier doses. But taking 9 doses every half hour of 300 - 400mg (2700-3600mg) was always reliable and effective.

That is a massive dose of gabapentin mate, so much! I don't recommend you take almost 14g of gabapentin daily, could be very dangerous and harmful, with a lot of side effects.

If gabapentin don't give you a real effect to your anxiety in the prescribed dose for your doctor, you can tell him to try pregabalin, it's like gabapetin but more potent and active (600mg is the maxim dose by day).

It's not that "you can only absorb so much." It's that gabapentin has descending oral bioavailability so staggering it allows you to absorb the maximum amount. When you go ahead and take a bunch of it, the bioavailability goes down dramatically. And taking 27 grams won't be the same as taking 8 grams, because taking 8 grams is like taking a lot less than 8 grams because of the decreasing bioavailability. More of it gets absorbed, just a hell of a lot less than would be than from staggering the doses.

If you wanted to experience effects closer to what a full 27 grams would have given you if gabapentin had high bioavailability, then staggering the dosages would have been the way to go. But by taking it all at once, you are not getting a full 27 grams' worth of CNS active effects but, because of its reduced bioavailability at such a large dose, what would be equal to a much lower dosage at maximum bioavailability.

That's still a ridiculously high dosage, and a very large amount that gets absorbed for such a dose, even for its bioavailability, I would recommend not doing that again, but instead try the staggering method. You'd be quite surprised at how well it works.

i didn't take the whole bottle at once, i was taking 900mg every 30mins... until i lost track of time about 8hrs later... then who knows how many i was taking

It's not the calcium channels that produce the recreational effects of gabapentin; it's its effects on GABA and potassium channels that do.

I always found that the best way to stagger it was taking 300 - 400mg every 20 - 30min. Waiting longer to dose, like 45min to an hour, is unnecessary, in my opinion and kind of wasteful because by the time you start getting effects from the drug - which usually takes a couple of hours - you start bypassing the half - life of the earlier doses. But taking 9 doses every half hour of 300 - 400mg (2700-3600mg) was always reliable and effective.

My bad, yeah the POTASSIUM channels ooops!

The sky is quite literally the limit with Gabapentinoids, or at least in my experience Gabapentin (Neurontin) and Pregabalin (Lyrica) specifically. First off, for most people Gabapentin has a very wide therapeutic index compared to other drugs. Overdose is not an imminent threat unless extreme doses are taken, although some people do experience convulsions when excessive doses are taken (myself included). Tolerance builds so quickly with this drug that it's practically exponential.

Here's an anecdote concerning my own use of Gabapentin, just for reference. I pick up a prescription of Gabapentin (800mg x3 daily, 90ct) and ingest my normal, recreational yet functional dose of ~3,500mg. I get the desired effects, everything is groovy, now, I wake up the following day. I know from experience that I will need to escalate my dose by 50% to achieve the desired effects, so I do, I take approximately 6,000mg and I still am not where I want to be. I was dope sick so I was really relying on the Gabapentin to help me through. I take 2,000mg more. On the third day, I find I need about 10,000mg - 12,000mg to alleviate my withdrawal symptoms in a 24 hour period.

Just continue going from there and I think you get my point. Tolerance is the calling card of Gabapentinoids and is actually, in my opinion, a real barrier to their continued abuse, because I for one really, really enjoy their effects, yet really can't use them regularly for these reasons.

So really, like I said, the sky is the limit. If you let things get out of hand, you can easily devour your 30 day prescription in just a few days. I've done it and I know plenty of other people who have. There's also a girl at my Methadone clinic who is essentially addicted and dependent upon Gabapentin/Pregabalin. She spends up to $50 per day on the stuff, which considering the realtively low prices, is a large quantity

30g - 40g of Gabapentin or equivalent in a severely addicted and out of control person wouldn't surprise me one bit. I'm sure this sounds outrageous to some, but I'd be willing to bet there are more than a few people in this range. Not to mention the stories you hear about Phenibut, which in my experience is at least somewhat cross-tolerant with the former two drugs, in which people who have a near unlimited supply of the stuff end up in uncharted terriory with how excessive their doses are.

I have been taking a daily dosage of 1600mg/day of gabapentin, 2 800s in the morning, although I don't really get any REC effects out of it my body knows it's there and it keeps me content. I have had dependency issues with this shit in the past, so I tread lightly with it these days, mainly only consuming high doses when I'm dope sick. I noticed at smaller doses jumping off is way easier. It sucked when I would run out after daily taking of 3.2g+/day. And thats the max dose my insurance allows. Running out was inevitable. Then scrambling to get some off the street was always a bitch, it always figured when I ran out, nobody else had any either. So I tapered and abstained for a couple weeks. Hopefully at 1.6g , if it happens I won't go thru that or if I do, it won't be as bad.