• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Curious about quick Detox from Opiates

Y0gurt

Greenlighter
So I am a new member to bluelight but have read through multiple post. I figured it would be time to tell my quick story and the question that I am ultimately trying to have answered.

I am currently on my third withdrawal from 30mg percocents and about to hit the 24-26 hour mark.

First time I was I started to use I would break a 30mg into four pieces and just take a quarter right before bed and just relax. I didn’t really have an official connect yet so I would only get a couple once every two weeks plus I didn’t really crave or go after them since I enjoyed to drink or smoke Cannabis. Wasn’t until I got closer to one of the guys I worked with and he just kept them coming. At the time I didn’t realize he had such a problem but slowly I fell into the habit of seeing him at work and asking if he could pick some up for me as well. That’s when it all fell apart. Started to use daily and he told me how he prefers to snort so I started too. I would always just break half a 30 and do a line and then a couple hours later do another half until I got to about 4 30s in a day for about 4 months. He lost his job and got a new phone and I lost my connect so that’s when I felt WD for the first time.

1st w/d cold turkey: days 1-4 were hell and I had absolutely not help from anoything. Couldn’t stop running to the bathroom. Couldn’t sleep. Sweats and shakes and the worst RLS. Had to miss 5 days of work but finally got it kicked and on with my life.

When I relapsed it was about the same. Found a new connect started off with just weekend use and a couple until it became a daily habit for about the same time frame and about the same amount. Needed to quit so cold turkey once again.

2nd w/d cold turkey: heard about kratom so gave it a try. It took away some of the w/d but not all. I was still in pain and same problems as the first time for about the first 1-4 days. Kratom did make it a little easier but I was also drinking heavily because I just wanted to sleep and be pain free.

My dumbass just loves opiates and became close friends with a dealer. One that actually wants you to quit and encourages and you gives you information on how to do it. But at the same time the second you text him he’s right there. Funny friendship right. Told him I’m quitting after about the same dosage daily but for about 3 months. Today is 24-26 hours as I’m writing this and this is where my question comes to play.

3rd w/d cold turkey: had one bag left of kratom and as soon as I woke up and knew I wasn’t doing a line my anxiety shot through the roof and I already started to get scared of the w/d. Took some kratom went to sleep but couldn’t get very comfortable. Woke up took some more. Each time just a teaspoon. So within 24-26 hours I have consumed about 20grams of kratom and have about 1more teaspoon. This time I do have a strip and a half I believe so suboxone. I’ve bought a couple films before but never used them for w/d because I’ve always been scared to try them especially if I used them too early so I’d always give them to friends in need. I’ve taken half a strip maybe 2 years ago because the friend I first bumped into was going through w/d (which I didn’t know at the time) and I was only taking a quarter of a 30 once a night on weekends so when I tried the sub it rocked my world and felt great on it. Now I’m hoping I can actually use the strips that I have left and avoid the next few days which I know will hit me with w/d but want to know the best way of doing it.

There’s my story. I am a first time user so felt like I needed to tell my story and what is happening. Any insight or experiences would be welcome. Ultimate goal is to know if it’s safe to use the subs now and what would the best way of doing it be. Thank you

Hey there. Welcome to BL! %)

You will be okay to dose with suboxone, since you stated that you're passed the 24hr mark and feeling w/ds.
Just remember suboxone is a powerful chemical, and since you aren't coming off of massive doses of oxy or heroin, you should really only take a low dose of the suboxone (seriously) like 0.5mg-1mg.
I mean, honestly, if you think you can just ride it out one more day or so with the kratom, I would definitely recommend just going that route..
Just my opinion. Good luck.

Last edited:
dude, i've quit twice in the past 5 months, I was amazed that I was able to do it cold turkey both times.... and stayed sober for a couple weeks each time.... I basically was a dumb ass and let a friend use around me and just got tempted .... I find that when I try to taper, I never really quite stop and i just keep extending my deadline.... or I use kratom in huge amounts for months.... the only way to stop is to stop... and don't be afraid of withdrawals, they don't ever hurt as bad as you think they are going to, attitude is everything. be brave

I've had totally painless detoxes using suboxone.
If you look up "bupe rapid taper" you'll find stacks of information. IMO its the absolute best way to do it.
Taper dramatically for a week or two tops, and you can totally negate the worst of it.

I would recommend using less than 1 mg and taper to 0.2 or less before jumping off.
Taper as rapidly as you can, and it should help you through the worst of it.

^ when i came off methadone, I went into a good rehab facility where they did an 8 day suboxone taper..... and I was on 70 mg methadone a day.... the first day i came off methadone, a was vomiting all over the premises because the wd was so harsh..... not even the 8mg of suboxone stopped the throwing up.... they had to give me a 2nd and then a 3rd lol..... but considering everything,.. it was mostly painless

OP, do you have a doctor you trust? If so, it's usually not hard to get some comfort meds to help you through detox. Just be straight-up with him (assuming you have a doc who you can be straight with). A few meds that help many people through acute WD:

gabapentin
clonidine
some benzodiazepine (preferably a long-acting one like diazepam)

There's a lot of good info on kicking over in the Sober Living forum. Tapering, comfort meds, etc.

Last thing I'll recommend is to think a bit about the mental aspect of quitting. WD sucks. But staying quit after WD is a motherfucker too. I don't want to preach at you, so I'll leave it at that....but feel free to PM me if you'd like to talk about it.

Good luck, man. You can do this. I like the way motiv311 put it: attitude is everything. be brave. <3