• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Curious about induction (first time poster here)

OpiateBoi22

Greenlighter
I'm new here so lemme start by saying hello to everyone here. Hello lol. But I was curious about something n have been a reader here for a very long time so figured it was time to post. When it comes to Suboxone and heroin with me, I go into wd fast from heroin. Even "really good" stuff has me in wd within 4 to 6 hours after. N usually I can take a piece of Suboxone about 6 hours after my.last batch of H. I snort it if that makes a difference. I start small with the sub like a half an 8th of the sub (a half of a quarter) I wait about an hour and continue to take another 8th every 30 minutes or so until I feel well. Is anyone else able to do this?.my 2 friends looked at me like I was crazy when I did this until I actually did it while with them for a day and they were mind blown. So like others are saying I don't think it's really about the time passed so much as the severity of the wd. Mind you even the "great" H where I'm at in this small town would probably be considered not great to other places but eh we get what we can get here. I'm just curious if this is the norm with any other people tho. Thanks for any input

What you're describing was my experience with buprenorphine. With heroin, particularly when I didn't have a big habit, I only had to wait a maximum of about 12 hours after my last dose before I'd be in withdrawal enough to safely take buprenorphine and avoid precipitating withdrawal.

Everyone's metabolism and habits are different though. For those who have serious habits and have a lot of opioids built up in their system, waiting longer will be necessary. For those who don't use huge amounts of dope and go into withdrawal quickly though, less time is needed. I base the induction on the severity of the withdrawal symptoms I'm experiencing more than any finite amount of time.

With longer acting opioids like methadone, one needs to be a lot more careful about how long one waits before induction, but for short acting full agonists like heroin not having to a full 24 hours is not at all uncommon. That said, waiting longer after the last dose of heroin before induction will help the buprenorphine provide more subjective relief. So one could say that if one is able to stick it out and wait as long as possible before starting the buprenorphine, the buprenorphine will end up working a bit better than it would if one takes it at the earliest possible moment.

Ok cool. So it's like I thought. It's more a matter of severity than a matter of time. Thanks alot.